Something Better To Use For Ribbons And Such Then Fondant?

Decorating By mommabeaver25 Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 4:32am by Texas_Rose

mommabeaver25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabeaver25 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:08am
post #1 of 4

i have been working on my neices cake all day. it was making starts and heart to stand up off the cake and I was using the buttercream fondant (which I always use) and it's not wanting to harden. if anything it's getting softer as it sits icon_mad.gif i'm not sure what to do I was also wanting to make some curly ribbon type decorations for it too but they're not geting hard either. if there something better to use? and better (and very easy) fondant reciepe, gumpaste, molding chocolate, something?!?! help please! please, please, PLEASE!!! icon_cry.gif TIA

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:13am
post #2 of 4

Simple marshmallow fondant with some gum-tex or tylose kneaded in would probably be the easiest...melt 16 oz marshmallows and 4 tablespoons water in the microwave, stir in 2lbs powdered sugar until it gets too hard to stir, turn out on greased surface, grease hands and knead until smooth icon_biggrin.gif

mommabeaver25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabeaver25 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:15am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Simple marshmallow fondant with some gum-tex or tylose kneaded in would probably be the easiest...melt 16 oz marshmallows and 4 tablespoons water in the microwave, stir in 2lbs powdered sugar until it gets too hard to stir, turn out on greased surface, grease hands and knead until smooth icon_biggrin.gif

does this harden pretty quick/good?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:32am
post #4 of 4

It will harden overnight. You can add tylose or gum-tex to make it harden faster, and to make decorations on wire harden faster, instead of dipping the wire into gum glue, heat the wire in a candle flame for a few seconds then push it into the fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%