Finding Fondant Molds- Jewelery

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 1:05am by tonedna

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 3:04am
post #1 of 18

I've seen some really cool fondant molds on the food network cake challenges. I'd like to make a piece of jewelry for a display cake, but I can't find anywhere to buy a jewelry mold.
any ideas?

thank you!

17 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 3:22am
post #2 of 18

countrykitchensa .com sells jewelry molds or you can make them yourself with foodsafe molding compound.

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:20am
post #3 of 18

What kind are you looking for? I just got pearls, and 2 sets of jewel molds to use for jewelry. They are from global sugar art. They have a bunch of impressions in each mold. One has 65? Haven't used them yet. I will in another week. They are for my daughters 4th b-day. She wants a princess jewelry box cake.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 18

The ones from country kitchens are a hard plastic (I have them) and the ones from first impressions are silicone. You can also get them from Kathy Scott - she has a kit you can buy that even has the isomalt in it....hers are silicone too.

amberkw Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 18

myslady, are you sure countrykitchensa .com is right? I tried it and couldn't get anything under that address. Will you double check it for me? I would like to see what they have. Thanks.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 18
PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberkw

myslady, are you sure countrykitchensa .com is right? I tried it and couldn't get anything under that address. Will you double check it for me? I would like to see what they have. Thanks.

Don't put the space in before .com. People put spaces in website addresses here in the forums so it doesn't get blocked out. Certain names are "blocked" from use in the forums on CC.

amberkw Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 18

Thanks!

melodyscakes Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:16pm
post #9 of 18

thanks guys.
the sites I've seen don't have what I am looking for.

the food network challenge that had the fashion challenge
one lady made buttons or jewelry

what I'd like to make is a piece of jewelry for the front of a display cake, but do not have the $$$ to buy anything real, so I need to make something.

thank you!

melody

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:26pm
post #10 of 18

Hi Melodycakes

Take a look in second hand stores, estate auctions, or mom/grandmother's jewlery box.

I found lots of beautiful broaches and earings that could be used on cakes in all of those locations.

They were free or very inexpensive.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 18

Try the word baroque. Once molded you can add small pearls and luster it up or even add crystals. I did that when I made a broach. There are squares and cirles and odd shapes that are so pretty. I found them in the clear plastic candy molds.

melodyscakes Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:24am
post #12 of 18

thank you so much guys!! yes, broach is the word I was looking for.
I'll do a search for baroque mold!

I'll let you know what I find.

thanks!

melody

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:33am
post #13 of 18

Here's a baroque mold: http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=625140

I have two of the three pictured there and it is very easy to remove fondant from the mold.

I've also seen some lovely costume jewelry broaches at Michaels for a few dollars...take a half off coupon with you and they'd be less than $5.

melodyscakes Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:40am
post #14 of 18

I'd like it to be edible, so I may order the molds.
did you see the cake Toneda made? that is probably not the correct spelling of her name. it was a white cake then each tier had a sage green fondant swag that had a piece of jewelry on the front of each one.
I love that cake and want to duplicate it so bad for a dummy cake!

sadsmile Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:51am
post #15 of 18

Oh yeah Tonedna did that cake in white and ivory also-just amazing!

melodyscakes Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:54am
post #16 of 18

thats her name! I was going to do a search and ask her what she used I couldn't remember how to spell her name.

cool!

melody

sadsmile Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:56am
post #17 of 18

you could search medallions and butter molds too. I am pretty sure she used real costume broaches. But she will tell you. Be sure to ask her how she got those ribbons and broaches to stay on there.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #18 of 18

Actually the one I made has real broaches. I let the brides go choose the broaches of their own preference. There are s many styles is best they choose something that they enjoy.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%