Ever Wish They Wouldn't Show Your Cake Pics?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 5:19pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:38am
post #1 of 4

I made a golf cake for a friend of mine last weekend for his 30th birthday. He and his wife loved it, took a million pictures of it, and have been showing them to everybody, which I thought was terribly sweet ...

Then this morning I saw one of the pictures they're showing. It turns out that everybody was so intrigued by the fondant I used to cover the cake, that they poked and prodded it, and of course were not nearly as careful as I when setting it up for their pictures ... the fondant was all bruised and bumped icon_surprised.gif . Plus, it looks like they moved the cake a little too violently when taking it home, and someone felt the need to hold the cake up from the bottom to keep it from falling ... so there are more fingermarks and bulging on the bottom icon_mad.gif . And THAT'S the picture of the cake they're showing everyone icon_redface.gif .

Ugh ... I promise there were no lumps and bumps on the original cake. I've been fighting the urge to follow them around everywhere with their pictures to say "It didn't look like that in the beginning!" whenever they show it around icon_wink.gif.

3 replies
BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 4

i would feel the same way,and would probably pull out one of my own pic's and say " here, show everybody this pic instead,its a better angle". icon_lol.gif dont worry though, the people they are showing the pic to, probably dont even notice all the bumps and finger marks,they only see what an awesome cake it is!!

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 4

As BREN28 said - the people will look at the picture and will see a fantastic cake.

There are photos of my first and second cake in existence - one for my niece and one for my father, because it was one birthday celebration (in October, we have about one birthday every three days in immediate family, celebrating every weekend as group birthday).
I look back at them and cringe, my family knows now that it wasn't the best you can do. But still, cake muggles look at the photos and wish to have "such a beautiful cake" too.

You have to look at such photos as at your embarassing baby pictures - smile quietly and move forward icon_biggrin.gif

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 4

LOL!!!!! "Cake Muggles"!!!! That totally made my day!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%