What To Charge?

Decorating By reenie Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 9:37pm by __Jamie__

reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 4

How much should I charge for this cake? 12" bottom tier with chocolate ganache filling and 8" top tier with strawberry preserves. All butter buttercream icing and marshmallow fondant. Gum paste toppers and fondant keys with piped notes.
LL

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 4

Cute cake! Now.........

Since you've been around for 863 posts now....can you tell us when the last time you saw a request for "what to charge" answered in one simple reply? icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding....well, erm, not really though.

So.....what is it like in your area? Lots of good paying customers? What do others charge that are comparable in skill? What does the bakery charge?

For me, that is 80 servings, base price of $4.00 for fondant to start....around $320. I'd fancy up the board a bit and make the numbers on top cleaner, maybe sparkly...that's just me though.

reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 4

Not to toot my own horn but I live in a small town and I'm the only one around that does work like this. The rest is simple Wilton 101 techniques. The grocery stores and that are my competition in town. The woman who ordered it said the bakery in the next town quoted her $425.

Oh yes, I thought about doing that too to the numbers. Think I'll have to air brush them to get the deep black.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 4

Eh, toot away! Good for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%