Description Of Pics In The Gallery

Decorating By DeeDelightful Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm by nickymom

DeeDelightful Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone else desire to know more about the cake pictures posted in the gallery? I'd like to know pan sizes, flavor combinations, and type of icing/fondant used, rather than saying round, pink buttercream, when the cake is obviously pink and round. I do enjoy the stories behind some of the cakes, also: who it was for, occassion, troubles/joys of making it. Thanks.

12 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 13

You can always send someone a PM and ask them about the details of the cake. Most people love to talk about their creations.

I like to read descriptions like you're talking about, but you'll probably discover that many people don't. A lot of them are looking for ideas they can use and that's it.

SJ169 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 13

I also love to read descriptions of the cakes! I am sure many people are not that interested in them but i love to know all about it icon_smile.gif

veronica720 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 13

I always read the description, it usually makes me like the cake even more. Yes it would be nice for more details, I have sent a number of PM's asking questions and most are very helpful and friendly.

Price Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 13

I agree with Texas_Rose. I enjoy reading the descriptions and the ins and outs, but I know most people are busy, and just don't take the time to type a long description.

I don't mind at all if someone is interested in one of my cakes and wants to pm me with questions. I have received lots of help and answers to my questions on here, so I certainly don't mind giving tips in return! icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 13

Send them a PM. Yep, I don't care much for descriptions. It matters not to me whether the cake is chocolate or snozzberry, I'm checking out the craftsmanship and detail work.

DeeDelightful Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:28pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks. I have had lots of success whenever i PM'd someone...lots of nice CC'ers who don't mind sharing.

Frecklysmom Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 13

As a Newbie, I find the descriptions extremely helpful. There are so many things I am learning from all of you and the descriptions really are nice to have.

colleenant Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:40pm
post #9 of 13

I agree. I wish all the cake pics had insturctions/directions with it. I come on here to get ideas for my next cake and if it's something i've never done before a little description would go a long way.

icer101 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 13

i don,t care what is is made of,etc.. just a short info on the decoration part. just a little something..

heathandhail Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 13

I also like a little construction info with the cake...But it's great to know that so many of you are willing to kindly answer pm's about your cakes construction!

dsilbern Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:06pm
post #12 of 13

So funny how folks are different. I like to know every little detail and enjoy making the cake as much as decorating it. My sister could care less about the baking/filling - she just likes decorating. She wishes all cakes could be dummies.

nickymom Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #13 of 13

Yes, I love reading the descriptions too. I love the "back story"...and also love reading what cake flavor combos were used...that gives me ideas too. Like recently I read about a hot cocoa cake recipe was used in someones descriptions and recently read in the description how the cake being showed was taken to a cancer patient touched my heart to read that yeh, I love reading the description and wish more people would include one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%