What Makes You A Weirdo?

Lounge By veronica720 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 5:01am by veronica720

Etta1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etta1025 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #61 of 208

My biggest fear in life is corn. Yes, corn. It gives me the willys. I hate the look of it, the smell of it, and definitely the taste of it!! I don't even like to see pictures of it. In college I would eat lunch everyday at the sorority house, buffet style. If there was corn, I would have to send a friend to fix my plate. The thought of eating it, with all those little kernels rolling around in your mouth, makes me want to vomit. I've often thought that the worst way to die would be drowning in a huge vat of creamed corn.

Who's weird now?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:27pm
post #62 of 208

I cannot stand to be tickled--was repeatedly over tickled as a child--lost my breath too many times.

But this next is just more of a pet peeve I guess:

I despise it when for example you go to a training and someone has photocopied the materials and only used one dang side of the paper. I loathe flipping though gazillions of blank pages to find where the heck I'm at.

I will sometimes rearrange them and punch new holes and tape them back to back so I can function without all those lost pages. aghhhhh

We could blackmail each other I think... icon_lol.gif

Etta1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etta1025 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:28pm
post #63 of 208

sorry - double post

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:50pm
post #64 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo0855

Toilet paper roll - over or under? icon_lol.gif

OVER!!!

me too! honestly, i would rather people just do not refill the toilet paper roll if they're going to put it on "upside down". it's just not logical to put the toilet paper roll on with it's tail underneath -- or pointing away from you.

i thought of another one...
my closet is a retail worker's DREAM. all my shirts have to have the front facing to the right. they are all "catergorized": long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, band t-shirts, regular t-shirts, a-little-bit-fancier-than-a-t-shirt-but-not-TOO-fancy, tank tops, fancier shirts, layering tank tops with lace at the bottom, layering tank tops with NO lace at the bottom, shorts, jeans. and then within all those categories everything is color coded.
wow, i feel like a freak now icon_redface.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:04pm
post #65 of 208

When I had a kitten years ago, she would get onto the toilet seat and claw at the toilet paper, and get it rolling, rolling off the roll onto the floor until it was gone. Because of this kitty, I started putting it on the roller under because then no matter how much she clawed it didn't reel it off onto the floor. That habit just stuck. And to this day I will take it off the roll and fix it if someone puts it on going over the top.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:22pm
post #66 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne25

I don't drive yet, getting my license after the wedding. But I have this insane conviction that if the vehicle I am in is ever to touch a curb it will spin out of control, flip over and burst into flames.

Every time the car even veers closer to the curb I get a feeling of panic in my stomach and usually end up grabbing onto my hubby to be. At first he thought I didn't trust his driving, now he knows its just me being weird lol.

The oddest thing is that I've been in vehicles that have gone up over curbs, no explosion or flames. But still I'm convinced on a visceral level that it'll happen. I think I've watched Bad Boys one too many times lol. icon_cry.gif

I don't drive, simply out of stubborness. When I move to a city my mom does not live in, I will get my license. In the meantime I know how to drive but I don't do it.

Anyhow, the car doesn't burst into flames when you run up on a curb. When DH was teaching me to drive, every time he made a smart a$$ remark I ran up on the curb just to mess with him. By the time we were done, he was whimpering, "My truck, my beautiful truck," over and over...but when he taught me to shoot there were absolutely no smart a$$ remarks going on.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:27pm
post #67 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etta1025

I've often thought that the worst way to die would be drowning in a huge vat of creamed corn.

Who's weird now?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Anyone else remember the Smothers Brothers bit about drowning in a vat of chocolate? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:31pm
post #68 of 208

Ok,
Now I have to add that my towels have to be a certain way too and Hubby hates that I re-do what he has done to help me out.
The dishwasher? Dont get me started.
I forgot one of my biggest peeves. MOUTH SOUNDS
I cannot stand to hear people slurp, chew, gnaw and swallow.
It totally creeps me out. My hubby takes HUGE bites and I can hear the food moving around in his mouth and I have to leave the room. He slurps the milk with his cereal and uses a huge bowl and spoon. You would think he had been starved at some point in his life.
OOhhhh and water all over the sink. I wipe the sink and faucet off after I use it and hate when people don't do the same.
Geeeze, I could go on and on and on. I am a total freak and I readily admit it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:31pm
post #69 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etta1025

I've often thought that the worst way to die would be drowning in a huge vat of creamed corn.

Who's weird now?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Anyone else remember the Smothers Brothers bit about drowning in a vat of chocolate? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But Tommy, why did you yell FIRE when you fell into the vat of chocolate?
<strums bass fiddle>

Because nobody woulda come if I yelled CHOCOLATE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But y'know, he mighta got more response than at first thought!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm
post #70 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

It totally creeps me out. My hubby takes HUGE bites and I can hear the food moving around in his mouth and I have to leave the room. He slurps the milk with his cereal and uses a huge bowl and spoon. You would think he had been starved at some point in his life.

Here's something worse than that...my husband can make his eyeball creak when he rubs it. It is the most disgusting, nails-on-a-chalkboard kind of sound ever.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:39pm
post #71 of 208

Thank you all for making me feel more 'normal' than I ever have in my life!!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

I've struggled to think of one, but the nearest I can get is that, when standing in line at a checkout, or using an ATM or photocopier, I get an immediate and urgent need to pee.

BTW I grew up with a mother who walked round the house checking electrical sockets saying "off, off, off" before going out. I didn't think it was weird at the time, but now I do.

indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:42pm
post #72 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Here's something worse than that...my husband can make his eyeball creak when he rubs it. It is the most disgusting, nails-on-a-chalkboard kind of sound ever.

Ewwww! I know that sound! Yuck!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:43pm
post #73 of 208

I can not stand being uneven. As humans we are all uneven to some degree. I am wierd because I CAN FEEL IT! My hips are uneven because one of my legs is ever so slightly longer just like the rest of you.
My wierd thing is when I am walking around the house and seem to only turn to the right to do things I have to basically unwind myself by going left or visa versa. Even if I just do a few dougnuts in the hall I feel better. If I don't my gluts will ache on that side and I will be misserable.
I have to sleep laying evenly stretched out. Everything has to be even and sometimes icon_wink.gif that really bothers my hubby. LOL Cause most of the time it's all going good and then I freeze up and I'm like, "Wait, wait wait I'm not even!"
But my flip is artistically I love things Asymetrical!

I am also weird because I will repeat in verbatem a conversation I just had under my breath. I get caught sometimes and I just blush and say, Yeah I know I'm nuts and I talk to my self, aren't you glad to have me as a friend." It's worse if I am unwinding myself! I try only to do that in the bathroom at someone elses house. And in a store I will go down a few iasle I don't need to go down again just so I can go the other way. It's a bonus when I find something I missed then it isn't so obvious. I just can't take it if I have an uneven cart that wants to pull to one side!!!!!!!

I wash my dishes twice. I wash them and then put them in the dishwasher. And I rinse and then wash my pots and pans twice. Don't touch my dishes! My inlaws like to help-the HORROR! They do things the full sink way. Full sink of hot soapy water and a full sink of rinsing water. I could throw up just thinking about it. The dishes get washed/rinsed once in already used water. So I won't let them help in the kitchen anymore.

l

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #74 of 208

I'm an "Un-Plugger", too, but for purely safety reasons.
I once saw a toaster oven fire caused by a loaf of bread tumbling out of the cabinet over the toaster oven, and turning the oven on. If we weren't home, I don't know what would have happened.

So, my whole family knows to UNPLUG EVERYTHING when they're done using things. Plus, it saves energy. I read somewhere that appliances and chargers (phone, iPod, etc.) use electricity even when they're not in use, just plugged in.

So, unplug it!

indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:48pm
post #75 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

I'm an "Un-Plugger", too, but for purely safety reasons.
I once saw a toaster oven fire caused by a loaf of bread tumbling out of the cabinet over the toaster oven, and turning the oven on. If we weren't home, I don't know what would have happened.

I was home when a box-fan cord shorted out and caught fire. Like you, if I hadn't been there ......

My parents had two house fires by the time I was 14 years old (neither one was their fault ... both were "landlord neglect"), so I tend to take fire safety too seriously. But I think as far as fire safety is concerned, there's no such thing as taking it TOO seriously. icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #76 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My family hates it because I have ONE way to fold towels and if they don't fold the towels this way, I really go off on them. I mean, REALLY go off. Again, to me, it's logical. The way I fold them takes up less space in the linen closet so they all fit. The way THEY fold them, the towels take up more space and don't fit properly.

I may be weird but at least I know WHY I'm weird! icon_biggrin.gif

The towels YES! Thats me too! In half, in half again then in thirds. I will take them out of the closet to get them done right. And I am convinced they are idiots because they just can not for the life of them fold a stinking towel the right way! LOL

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:59pm
post #77 of 208

LOL! You guys have me laughing out loud while in my office all by myself ! My boss probably thinks I'm weird because I just sit and laugh with nobody in here with me!

My thing is teeth. Gross, gross, gross! Especially wiggly teeth. You know when your kids have a wiggly tooth, ick, just makes me ill to see it!

Also, I have glasses with different coloured spots on them. I can't stand to see the glasses with the coloured spots next to the glasses with the black and white spots. They don't get along so the striped glasses need to be in the middle. My husband thinks it's hillarious to mix them up. He just doesn't understand!

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:02pm
post #78 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica720

1. I am afraid of drains-sink, bathtub, shower.... Which is why I buy 'Nair' for the shower drain, I refuse to stick my hand by the drain and pull out the clump of hair that gets stuck there, so I pour 'Nair' on it and let it sit for a while then wash away. In the kitchen I use long tongs to get any food by the drain.

I thought I would share why this is.

When I was younger I watched the movie 'The Blob' and it totally freaked me out. After that I would never get close to the drain, over the years my parents had started convincing me that it was impossible, so I was getting better about it.

Well when I was about 17 I was taking a shower, we had one those cast iron tubs on feet (really big). I had just washed my face and heard a funny noise so I was panicing and trying to hurry to rinse my face, when I finally was able to look down I saw this black looking gunk coming up from the drain and starting to fill the tub. Well I screamed and jumped out of the tub only to trip and grab the shower curtain. So I hit the floor and I am freaking out, tangled up in the curtain and my mom comes rushing in. Right behind her was my dad.

When they saw what had happened, they both bust out laughing. They laughed so hard and long they had tears in their eyes. Well my dad is a plumber and found out that the sewer line had backed up and the tub was the first opening.

So I too have a legitimate reason for that one....I guess.

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:03pm
post #79 of 208

OMG I just got on to my daughteer last week about towel folding ......... funny but creepy and lord help the persone who puts the cookware in the rong spot I hate that I catually run everybody out of the kitchen that is my area in the house and nobody can mess with it I have everything where I want it so they all know to stay out icon_mad.gif
Sad enough thougth its worse at work if somebody goes into my cleaning rooms i follow them in and ask them what they need and them shoo them out while i get it can we say teritorial (crap I hope I spelled that right )

cutthecake Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:03pm
post #80 of 208

This site should be renamed Cake Central Weirdo Asylum. Group therapy, a must.

sadsmile Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:11pm
post #81 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspriss0912

OMG I just got on to my daughteer last week about towel folding ......... funny but creepy and lord help the persone who puts the cookware in the rong spot I hate that I catually run everybody out of the kitchen that is my area in the house and nobody can mess with it I have everything where I want it so they all know to stay out icon_mad.gif
Sad enough thougth its worse at work if somebody goes into my cleaning rooms i follow them in and ask them what they need and them shoo them out while i get it can we say teritorial (crap I hope I spelled that right )

I do need help in the kitchen. With four kids the oldest (12) usually gets roped into unloading the dishwasher. But I have a place for everything- AND EVERYTHING MUST BE IN IT"S PLACE! But I am completely justified for going nuts on her I promise! See, the two year old, Becca, likes to jam stuff up her nose-BOTH SIDES! And Hannah had not put things ways right. I could not find the pieces of my turkey baster! See perfectly justified for going absolutely nuts with a toddler screaming and her nostrils jammed up with pop corn cornels. Sometimes when you need something you need it quick. LOL

veronica720 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:18pm
post #82 of 208

My mom says when I was a child I would stuff little bells up my nose and then blow out softly and make them jingle. Weird even as a child.

Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:19pm
post #83 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspriss0912

When my sister stayed with my daughter while I was having my other daughter, she decided to rearrange my kitchen to make it more convenient for when I got home. I haven't gone as far as drawing outlines of my spatulas and measuring cups on the drawer liners (although that's not really a bad idea, come to think of it icon_razz.gif ) but no one in the family could understand why I kicked her out as soon as I got home, then sat down on the kitchen floor and cried for an hour. Of course some of it was hormones icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif but I like to know exactly where everything is in my kitchen.

Oh, and today my husband wanted to move Sally (the KA) and I wouldn't let him because she's on the only counter where I can see her from my couch. I want to be able to look over and know she's there. I don't need to see his toaster while I'm watching TV.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:22pm
post #84 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

...See, the two year old, Becca, likes to jam stuff up her nose-BOTH SIDES! ...with a toddler screaming and her nostrils jammed up with pop corn cornels.

Reminds me of my 'stuff up nose story' (sorry, long).

My pregnant friend was looking after our kids while we went to a wedding. While we were away, George (3) stuffed something up his nose. She got him to tell her that it was a raisin, so she spent ages with tweezers trying to get out this big, swollen raisin, but gave up and decided he needed to go to Emergency.

Being very pregnant and at home with lots of little kids, she called her husband at work and asked him to come home and deal with it. He called Emergency to tell them he was on his way in with a kid with a raisin up his nose, and asking how long they'd have to wait, since he needed to get back to work. They said they'd deal with it quickly, so off they went.

On arrival at ER he was really impressed, as they took his name and immediately rushed George into the back for assessment. He said it was very exciting and just like a TV show!!

Turns out when he called they thought he said he was bringing in a kid with a razor stuck up his nose, not a raisin (which would have been a little lower on the priority scale)!!!

Keep it going, this thread is making my day!!

Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:25pm
post #85 of 208

Oh Tubbs, that's too funny!

That's like the time my husband went to the ER because someone hit his bus when he was climbing out and dislocated his shoulder, but when they tried to read his handwriting on the sign-in sheet, they thought he had been hit by a bus instead.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:26pm
post #86 of 208
Quote:

My first job was as a cashier in Target and at that time if your bills were not "faced" you goe written up. Now I cannot stand it if my bills are not in order and caced also.

Feet? BLAHGGGHHHHHHHH!!! I cannot stand feet. I was a hairdresser for sometime and in school I ditched during pedicure day. My gramma needs help clipping her toe nails which are like horse hooves and I lover her more than anything but I just cannot do it. My husband touches me with his long, boney, hairy, clammy feet and I just want to crawl up the fricken wall. When I see people who hae toenails that are longer than the edge of thier toe I just want to run away screaming. There should be foot police who have to inspect your feet prior to allowing you to show them in public.

Ya know, it is scary that people actually pay this bunch of freaks to make cakes for thier most special days. lol. Glad to know I am far from alone.

I heart you!

I like for all my money to be arranged just so too.

I also, as long as I can remember, have hated feet. Baby feet I love, but once you are 3-4 years old (unless you came from my very own womb)...keep those peds to yourself! I don't like people to touch my feet either. My best friend sent me a Christmas card a couple years ago and the pic on the front was of her family all barefoot. She said she chose that picture because of me. I swear, if you show me a picture of a naked hunk of a man, his feet would be the first thing I saw. I don't really mind for people to wear sandals as long as they keep those tootsies out of my 3 ft. of personal space.

I also hate close-talkers. You know..the people that have to almost touch noses with you just to tell you something.

Someone mentioned hating mouth sounds. Man, I am with you on that one. I hate them too.

I hate getting phone calls. When my cell phone rings, it just about sends me into a rage sometimes.

I'm sure there's more, but that's off the top of my head...

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm
post #87 of 208
Quote:

Ok,
It totally creeps me out. .

I FORGOT ONE! I hate the sound that a spoon makes on the bottom of the yogurt cups when you scrape the last of the yogurt out of it. My husband scrapes it really fast, so it's like "eek eek eek eek eeek" and it drives me nuts. I swear he also walks right up to me to talk just as he's scraping the bottom every time he eats a yogurt icon_mad.gif . It drives me crazy, I yell at him to cut it out, and he gets offended every time. I always ask him how long have we been married? Don't you remember that I didn't like that sound the last ten thousand times you made it? Never fails, though, he'll come over to talk to me just as he's doing it. (I also hate the sound when I make it, so it isn't personal on him.)

I also hate the song "The Girl From Ipanema" with a passion that isn't explainable, but only the instrumental version. If someone sings it I don't mind it so much. icon_rolleyes.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:28pm
post #88 of 208

This is hilarious! Okay, totally scared of the ocean. HATE bridges. Why? They go over natural bodies of water that lead to the ocean. I can swim great...in a pool. I even tried shock therapy on myself to get over the fear. Went to Hawaii with my best freind, paid to go scuba diving, very costly. So we go out in the ocean on a decent size boat and then my friend notices my face expression and asks me whats wrong. I told her I was scared of the ocean She hit the roof and then asked me what possessed me to go scuba diving? I said I was trying shock therapy on me and it just wasn't working. Needless to say. she was pissed. I did do it, but I didn't last long (pressure problems)...and I'm still scared of the ocean.

Oh yeah, can't stand seeing poeple kiss on t.v. or real life. I just think it's the nastiest looking thing!

veronica720 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:38pm
post #89 of 208

I also don't like to be breathed on, I can't stand feeling the air on me. My husband likes to cuddle up behind me in bed and then his face is by my head and I can feel his breath on my skin. It doesn't matter if it is my arm, neck, leg whatever I hate it and have to move. Not just him either, even when the dog lays on my lap and breathes on my leg or something.

But I like having the fan blow right on my face, I don't know how but it's different.

cutthecake Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:40pm
post #90 of 208

Veronica,
I shoved an OPEN safety pin, with the pointed end facing down, up my nose when I was a toddler. Mommy and Daddy couldn't pull it out without hurting me. ER, here we come!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%