To Fridge Or Not To Fridge?! Help!

Decorating By cayleigh Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 12:38am by Rylan

cayleigh Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to be making the chocolate WASC cake with strawberry fluff filling and the lady wants cream cheese icing. I was going to use the recipe crusting cream cheese on here which tastes wonderful! Should I put this in the fridge? It doesnt say on the recipe so I wasnt sure? Thanks so much for your help! icon_lol.gif

4 replies
TLau09 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 5

I personally wouldn't if I was going to be traveling with it. For personal consumption I probably would because it sounds like it would be really yummy chilled (I always stick chocolate covered cherries in the fridge..they're so good cold). I try to avoid putting the cake through a lot of different temperatures because I hate when they sweat .. I like keeping them at room temp.! I've also done cakes with the cream cheese before and I have never put the in the fridge and they've been fine ... but I do remember looking back now they put cakes with cream cheese icing at the grocery stores in the coolers... Good Luck! Sounds delicious! icon_biggrin.gif

tootie0809 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 5

I always put my cream cheese BC cakes in the fridge. I've had very little issues with sweating, even with fondant, so I work on a cake, stick it in the fridge, work on it some more, stick it back in the fridge. It's never affected the taste or texture of my cakes. In fact, everyone always tells me how moist and delicious they are. JMHO but I would refrigterate it and keep it cool as much as you can, espeically with cream cheese icing. Good luck!

cayleigh Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much!!

Rylan Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:38am
post #5 of 5

I always refrigerate my cakes. If it has cream cheese, I will refrigerate to make sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%