Minnie Mouse Cake

Decorating By Spratsie Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 12:37pm by Spratsie

Spratsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spratsie Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,
I'm making a Minnie mouse cake for my daughters 3rd birthday next week.
I've been looking at some photo's and would love to make something similar to this one
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1176392 (thanks for the idea!)
I've only ever made a few cakes so I was just hoping some of you could give me some hints and tips on how to make the face perfect, wether to use butter icing or fondant, etc.
Thanks so much thumbs_up.gif
Daisy

2 replies
Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:10pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

This cake is done with buttercream. You can make this out of either BC or Fondant - what ever you feel most comfortable using.

Find a picture of Minnie's head, enlarge it to the size of the cake tin you will be using. Make a template of the shape with your baking paper and use that to cut the head shape. You can then make templates of the black area of the head and skin coloured area. Use those templates to cut out the correct size fondant (if that is what you will be using) and place them on the cake. If you are unsure about the eye and mouth placement, put your original template back over the cake and make a dot or a mark where the eyes, mouth and nose go. You can then make them free hand or use your picture to make templates so you can cut them out of fondant.

Best of luck with this, I hope this make sense.

I have attached a picture of Minnies head that I used as a guide to make a 3D minnie (in my photos), it may help you with your cake.
LL

Spratsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spratsie Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 3

thank you so much for your quick reply!
Making templates, so that's the trick! I hadn't thought of it, to be honest I was already having nightmares about the face but this will make it so much easier!
Loving your cake!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%