Air Brush

Decorating By sweet-thing Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 7:55pm by crazycakes74

sweet-thing Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 6

I keep seeing people talk about an aerosol "airbrush". What is this? Is it actually a can of edible spray paint or some sort of system? Thanks!

5 replies
chocomama Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:32am
post #2 of 6

Wilton sells this product and it is edible.

sweet-thing Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6

Are they just talking about the little cans like you can buy at the grocery?


icer101 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:39am
post #4 of 6

i think they are talking about the wilton brand.. lucks brand... pme brand.. i see these brands in and on the internet at other cake supply stores. nick lodge sells them at his school in GA...

mackeymom Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 6

I tried using them Wilton Mist Sprayer, those are dificult to use. They have a very uneven layer, think and globby in some places and thin in other. Thankfully I tried it on a dummy first. I will wait til tonight to see how it dried.

Has anyone else tried the canned spray color?

crazycakes74 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 6

I was at Michael's & was gonna buy some & thank goodness another decorator was in the aisle & saw me & told me not to get it cuz it takes awful! So I ordered an airbrush off of ebay.. only $109!! Don't know how to use it.. or even connect everything.. but I've always wanted one so I guess I'll figure it out... icon_surprised.gif) Everyone says they're WELL worth the $.. & that's the cheapest I've found it for & it comes w/12 bottles of Amerimist colors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%