How To Make Snoopy Doghouse Cake

Decorating By cksmm5 Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 2:54pm by singinglark

cksmm5 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 8

My son has seen the Snoopy doghouse cakes on this site and says he must have one for his birthday! How do I make one?

7 replies
Doug Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 8

this may help
LL

indydebi Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 8

Geesh, Doug, wish I'd seen that before I made my Snooopy doghouse! I made the roof from a styrofoam square. Had little white particals all over the place! icon_eek.gif

DianeLM Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #4 of 8

That's a great graphic, Doug.

cksmm5 - If you're planning to put Snoopy on top of the doghouse, I suggest making the top flat, not peaked. icon_smile.gif

Doug Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:53am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

That's a great graphic, Doug.

cksmm5 - If you're planning to put Snoopy on top of the doghouse, I suggest making the top flat, not peaked. icon_smile.gif

or snoopy has skewers in side him (at least two) that go down into the cake and then it can be peaked

DianeLM Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 2:41pm
post #6 of 8

I am of the opinion that the top of Snoopy's doghouse is flat.

In the comic, we only ever see the side of his doghouse, which gives the illusion that the top is peaked. HOWEVER, Snoopy uses his typewriter up there, which leads me to believe the top is flat. Or he has an extremely unusually shaped typewriter.

Just glad I could help tackle the burning questions of the day this morning. Now I need a nap. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 8

I made mine flat .... between 1-2" across.

singinglark Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 8

Snoopy's doghouse does have a peaked roof...but you could do it flat for ease of decorating....
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%