Alligator / Crocodile Print

Decorating By cb_one Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 12:10am by tatorchip

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 6

As the title states, i've got a cake order for this Saturday. The customer wants a cake in the shape of a Satchel / purse.

The Leather has a look of Crocodile skin. Anyway I can replicate this?

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 6
MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 6

Diane, Thanks for posting that wonderful information. icon_smile.gif

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 6

I am afraid the Crocodile / Alligator skin is difficult to imitate without proper stencil. Petal Crafts has Crocodile skin textured mat, but unless you can get it tomorrow, it won't help you. Global Sugar Art has it in stock.

You can make simple leather - roll the fondant on plastic wrap and use the wrinkled side on top or take crumpled plastic wrap and impress it on the fondant. With cocoa, give different shades of brown.

You can imitate snake skin to some degree - take a plastic mesh bath sponge, cut open and flat. You get the plastic mesh. Use as impression mat.

If I had to go with homemade tools, I would go with simple leather look. Than, I would concentrate on the "sewing" - tracing wheel from my sewing supplies, because I don't have the original for fondant, and on other details.

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 6

If I can get the impression by Friday, I should be ok since the cake isn't due untill Saturday afternoon. I'm going to call around to see if anyone has this.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:10am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

This may help you http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahjj/3130508427/

Thanks Diane, wow this is awesome. Looks easy and the info was clear, love it, thanks again
Deborah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%