Help With This Pattern??

Decorating By SimplyIced Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 4:47am by dandelion56602

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 7

I absolutely love the design of this cake. I would like to do something very similiar, minus the flowers and multi layers. I just need a single tier cake for a gala. I believe I found the stencil at designerstencil.com but I'm hoping all of you wonderful professionals can help me out with any tips or thoughts on the stenciling aspect. I've never done it before! Another question...which RI recipe do you suggest, and HOW do I get the nice rich black like in the picture? Thanks for all of your help! You guys are life savers!!!

Jess

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1275386.html

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 7

Hi there, its a stencil. If you check the article section there are few videos on how you use them. And I think they sell those on Global Sugar Art. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 7

They do sell that stencil in Globalsugarart.com...is one of the most common ones.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #4 of 7

Hi tonedna, love your tutorials on you tube, I really loved the calle lilly, sorry about going off subject but wanted to thank you
Deborah

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 2:33am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone help me with the black royal icing? Thanks!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:18am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Hi tonedna, love your tutorials on you tube, I really loved the calle lilly, sorry about going off subject but wanted to thank you
Deborah

Thanks!
Edna icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:47am
post #7 of 7

I love Antonia74's royal. Recipe here on CC. It makes a lot, but I've 1/2 it & it freezes well too. I color mine w/ Americolor. Most of the time I use some brown color first & it wont take as much black. It will darken as it stands too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%