What's This "cake Bible" Y'all Talk About?

Decorating By amberkw Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 7:47pm by LaBellaFlor

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

What's this "Cake Bible" y'all talk about? Where can I get 1?
Any other Great books on how to's or ideas? I got the American institutes guide to baking. Love it. I want MORE!!!!

5 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 6

search on Amazon.. I believe they have it. I don't have it either and would love to have it...everyone raves about their recipes.... definitely a must .....

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not really a fan of the cake bible myself, but it's by a woman named Rose Levy Beranbaum... it should be available at just about any barnes & noble or on Amazon.

If you're looking for a good all-around baking book (not just cakes) I sing the praises of the Culinary Institute of America's "Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and Craft"

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 6

The Cake Bible
author, Rose Levy Beranbaum
copyright 1988
ISBN 0-688-04402-6

I bought mine at Barnes and Noble. You probably can find it on Amazon.

Some of my 'secret' icing recipes that are specifically requested come directly from her recipes. The others are variations of flavors I've used with her recipes.

I also refer for from scratch cake recipes.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 6

I bought it on Amazon about a year ago. I bought it from one of those "marketplace" sellers. It didn't have the paper cover on it but there was nothing wrong with it (it looked like it was hardly opened) and I got it for a good price. I kept checking every week and I can't remember what I paid for it but it was reasonable. I have tried only two recipes out of it and haven't had luck but I have to agree with Cool about the icing recipes.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 6

She has since released an updated version, not much different the the original, I think some suppliers are different and the pics. are in fromt not. I think it's a great book. I do use some of her recipes. It's also very educational as far as the science behind baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%