How In The World?

Decorating By cocobuddr Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm by cocobuddr

cocobuddr Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 11

anybody have any ideas how this was done? I have a client who really wants this cake and really need to know how the bobblehead construction was done. Her explanation simply does not cut it.

Ideas please....

10 replies
xstitcher Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 11

This cake was actually made by one of our CC members (Jeanne aka on CC FromScratch) Please see this thread:

If the thread doesn't help perhaps you could try PMing her and asking her nicely for more assistance???

icer101 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 11

on that site. she tells how she did it in the comments.. hth

nannie Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 11

That is one of the greatest cakes ever!

CakeWhizz Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 11

Wow! That's a great cake!

cupcakemkr Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 11
Originally Posted by icer101

on that site. she tells how she did it in the comments.. hth

here is what she wrote:

you can eat the whole thing. The only exception is the internal support system, but the head is cake and the body is rice cereal treats. icon_smile.gif

The head is cake and the body is rice cereal treats because I didn't need that much cake. The tube is made from various PVC items and then covered in fancy foil so it didn't touch the cake. HTH's

The head is pivoting on a 1/2" wooden dowel that sticks up from the cake base. There is a tube in the head for the dowel to go into. HTH's icon_smile.gif

cocobuddr Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 11

I hate to be thick, but I am a little confused by the info she gives, anybody can explain it, or understand so they can explain it to the denser "cake newbies".

cupcakemkr Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 11

my suggestion would be to pm Jeanne, she is very helpful to anyone that asks for help.

sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:08pm
post #10 of 11

It's a basic thing. Take out one of those medicine cups that dose 3-4 tsp and put it upside down on the end of a dowel and see it tilt from side to side. That is the basic idea. The actual things were purchaced from the hardware store and the inside of the pvc tube/cap is more rounded then the flat bottom of the medicine cup which helps it to rock instead of jump. Also if the cup/pvc tube cap is taller there is less wiggle room for tipping making look more like a slight bobble.

cocobuddr Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks sadsmile and cupcake maker. I think by George I have got it figured out. Who said the art is the hardest part of a cake. I really appreciate everyone's response

Quote by @%username% on %date%