Good Recipes Needed!!

Baking By pouchet82 Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 3:59pm by playingwithsugar

pouchet82 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 4

So here is my issue, i have 25 eggs, 6 cups of sour cream, and 4 cups of yogurt about to expire this weekend. icon_surprised.gif I also have out of town guests coming next weekend so I am happy to bake and freeze. Does anyone have any really good recipes they would like to share?

TIA

Carly icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
majka_ze Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 4

First of all - before you start baking: How old are the eggs and how did you store them?

If you store the eggs in fridge (the eggs are sold here chilled the same as yogurt or cream), they will be good for another month. Use them for baking and you are on the safe side...

For recipes, where you "dispose" your ingredients: Coffee or Chocolate sour cream cake for the sour cream and some eggs /usually 1c sour cream and 2 eggs per recipe/; yogurt cake for the yogurt; sponge cake for the eggs /usually 6 eggs per recipe/. Yes, you can freeze sponge cake.

To "loose" lot of eggs at once, I would make cream puffs with pastry cream filling. One caveat is that this shouldn't be made in advance - you can bake it, even freeze the baked puffs, but the filling with pastry cream shouldn't be made in advance. But wrapped airtight, the unfilled puffs will hold for few days. And because the eggs will be cooked, I wouldn't hesitate to go over the expiration date.

pouchet82 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the advice. I figured since I am having out of town guests it would be a good opportunity to use this stuff up.
I was thinking of making 2 coffee cakes, muffins, sponge cake, pound cake but that still leaves a lot of eggs!!!
Maybe I will amke a few batches of WASC and store them in the freezer....

playingwithsugar Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 4

yogurt can be subbed for sour cream.

try any WASC recipe.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%