Epson Nx415 All In One @stapels.com For 59.98

Decorating By Wesha Updated 22 Dec 2009 , 5:00am by chelleb1974

Wesha Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 17

Do any of you guys have this edible image printer? If so, how is it? I have heard great reviews on the Epson NX400. I priced one at Walmart and it was 118.88.

If the NX415 is better and it is cheaper, I think it may be the way to go. Please let me know your input before I make this purchase.

thanks guys

Benisha

16 replies
cookiescookies Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 2:46am
post #2 of 17

Hi Benisha,

I thought I'd give this a bump as I just bought the same printer on sale at Staples. It's still in the box as I haven't purchased any frosting sheets/rice paper for it yet.

Any one have any experience with this printer?

threeforhim Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 2:59am
post #3 of 17

I don't find this printer number in the list for compatible cartidges/tanks on the KopyKake website. Where would you get the edible ink for it? The price sounds really good and I've been saving to get a printer to dedicate to edible images.

cookiescookies Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 3:41am
post #4 of 17

It is listed on KopyKake's domestic edible inks cross reference sheet. The TO695SET-4 should work with it. (Haven't tested it yet, but hoping to soon). icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 17

Sorry - I tried to get it to open up on the tab "Customer Reviews" - but you will have to actually click that button yourself. It opens on product and then two little blue buttons away is the Customer Review.

Hope this helps.

sweetcakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 2:47am
post #7 of 17

i just got one of the epson printers. The epson rep where i bought it told me that the only difference between the models was the speed at which they print, since that doesn't really matter to us, get the one at the best price for you. so far im very happy with my prints, although ive only done 6 sheets.

ladybug76 Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:30am
post #8 of 17

I am so happy I can across this forum. I have been looking at edible printers (on ebay) for weeks now and they were running around $200!!! I just ordered my printer from Staples... now I just need to save for ink. Merry Christmas to me!!! icon_lol.gif
~~ Jaime

sweetcakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:51pm
post #9 of 17

i got the NX510 epson printer new from a store for 70 or $80 cant remember, then got a 3yr warrenty from Square Trade Warranties for like $9.

lecrn Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforhim

I don't find this printer number in the list for compatible cartidges/tanks on the KopyKake website. Where would you get the edible ink for it? The price sounds really good and I've been saving to get a printer to dedicate to edible images.

I saw NX415 on the website.

Those ink cartridges are so expensive! How long do they last? I know it would probably depend on how many images you do.
Is there anywhere else to buy the ink or paper cheaper?

lecrn Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:23pm
post #11 of 17

Office Max . com has this same printer for $49.

lecrn Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:39pm
post #12 of 17

You can also get free shipping with a $50 purchase @ Office Max. If you add something cheap to your cart (like an ink pen), you can get free shipping!
Oh, I may have to buy this printer!

lecrn Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:07pm
post #13 of 17

You can also get free shipping with a $50 purchase @ Office Max. If you add something cheap to your cart (like an ink pen), you can get free shipping!
Oh, I may have to buy this printer!

Cakepro Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 10:52pm
post #14 of 17

Before purchasing a printer, you would do well to compare the prices for cartridges amongst suppliers of edible printing supplies as well as whether you have to deal with the hassle of chipped cartridges. I am so happy with my Canon Pixma because I don't have to jack with chipped cartridges and it's a 4-ink printer. Some of them require 6 cartridges - another thing to consider from a pricing standpoint.

heavenlys Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 11:32pm
post #15 of 17

I am not sure if this is for all epson printers but I bought one and I have hated it. It doesn't print evenly. There are white lines throughout my pics and half the time the printer throws a fit and complains that I am not using an authentic epson cartridge and refuses to print for me.

Cakepro Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 3:36am
post #16 of 17

Who cares if it is refurbished? As long as the print head is new and hasn't been tainted with regular inks, refurbs are FINE.

chelleb1974 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:00am
post #17 of 17

If I were to purchase a printer to be used for edible images, I would only buy it new in the box, unopened. I would not take a chance that regular ink has gone through the printer head. Just my opinion! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%