Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking By cupcakes Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 3:16am by vickymacd

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:06am
post #1 of 8

When I was young and in Public School in New York, the school used to sell chocolate chip cookies in a waxed paper bag. Though that was more years ago then I care to count I have never found a recipe that ever equaled these cookies. They were large, thick and soft, not your typical choc. chip cookie. If you have a recipe for this type of choc. chip cookie I would so appreciate it if you could share it with me.
Thank You,
Cupcakes

7 replies
ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:27am
post #2 of 8

I think my cc cookies are splendid. In recipe box as "Marys #1 Admit it Cookies". The name came from my Mom thinking she made the best cc cookies in the world (Tollhouse from the back of the package) and me feeling the need to one-up her. Love my Mom dearly, but darn it, I make a better cookie.

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 8

If you are looking for a fantastic choc. chip cookie recipe like I was then you must try ladeebug's recipe that is on this site. I tried it yesterday and it has been almost impossible to keep my hands out of the cookie jar!
Thanks again
Cupcakes

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 8

Cupcake - I forgot all about those cookies from highschool... in the waxed paper bag!
LOL - I thought someone in my school cafeteria made them. Maybe it is an east coast thing (Jersey girl here). I have never had them again but would love to get the recipe as well.

Anyone here worked in the school system in the early 90s?

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 8

I went to a Catholic school so the only 'treat' we had was hotdog day!
BUT....I just tried a cookie that I loved when I was little and longed to find. Found a recipe for it and to my surprise, it wasn't that great. I think sometimes we forget or want to hang onto that 'taste'.
Good luck finding your recipe though.

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 8

Vickymac - I have to agree. I remember that the centers of this cookie were always doughy. BUT I would still love to make them. icon_wink.gif

vickymacd Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 8

Yep, you're right about the centers.

I just made a batch since I have a bunch of kids over right now.
I started out making the big ice cream scoop size, but when the first batch came out, they were huge....it's not to say that's a bad thing. It's just I had to switch to a smaller size to feel the crowd I had here. But with the big scoop, yes, the centers were doughy. Kept them in an extra minute too but was afraid the edges would burn.

Sure smell good though. Too hot to eat yet. Oh, and yes, the 'dough' is delicious!

vickymacd Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:16am
post #8 of 8

Okay, these cookies are very delicious!! I did add walnuts to them and posted a picture in my gallery. I like to have pics with the recipes. I wasn't sure about the butter crisco instead of butter, but bought it anyway and it really was good. The centers did firm up.

I only made 6 of the giant cookies and then made the rest the normal size of a cookie. If I would have made all giant ones I would NOT have gotten as many as the recipe says you can.

Just thought I'd let ya know how they turned out. They are definately a keeper recipe....just wish the cookies would have lasted. Hard when you have a bunch of teens around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%