Cake Design Template

Decorating By Lael Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 7:15pm by cylstrial

Lael Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 7

I want to make a fancy swirly design or flowery design or something with royal icing to put on the side of a cake. Is there anywhere you know of that I can find a template (online) where I can just print it out and trace over it?


6 replies
CarriM Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:28am
post #2 of 7

Try the templates album here, I think there's a swirl or scroll pattern. I did a google image search for scroll design and found a lot of patterns you could easily use.

Lael Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 7

thanks I'll try. I didn't know there was a template album... lol.

plus I'm horrible at googling icon_smile.gif

gloria Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 7

I didn't know either! how do I access it?

tatorchip Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 7

Go to galleries scroll down and it will have the templates, it will say 0 photos but click anyway and there will be about 12 pages of temp and patterns and other goodies. It takes a little while to come up but once it does then it is a lot faster to go to next page

niccicola Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 7

Usually, I will find a picture off the internet and open it up in MS Publisher. Make a box that is the same length and height as the cake you are using, and import the picture and make it the size you want it to appear on the cake. Print out and inverse image and then trace it on wax paper. Pipe with piping gel and tip #1, imprint onto the side of the cake. Repeat as many times as you have cake sides.

Good luck!

cylstrial Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 7

Oh man, somebody just posted some great scrolls that you press into the frosting and then you just pipe right over them. I don't remember who posted it or what company though.

I want to say K8memphis.

Quote by @%username% on %date%