I'm Going To Vegas, Baby!

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 4:55am by Rylan

costumeczar Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:00am
post #1 of 20

I got tickets to see Cheap Trick (see my avatar icon_rolleyes.gif ) play the entire Sgt. Pepper album and a bunch of other Beatles songs with a full orchestra. CT is my favorite, but the Beatles are my ALL TIME FAVORITE and I'm soooo excited! I'm taking my kids out of school for the day, flying there for the concert and coming back the next day. I'm either a terrible mother or an awesome one, I can't decide icon_lol.gif

19 replies
Deb_ Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 20

You're DEFINITELY an AWESOME mother!

Is this a new gig in Vegas or just a tour? We're huge Beatles fans too!

Rylan Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:44am
post #3 of 20

Make sure you are ready for the Vegas heat--although it isn't that bad right now.

costumeczar Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:48am
post #4 of 20

They're doing 10 days (I think) in Vegas, then if it works out they might be doing a more permanent show. They're big Beatles fans too, and they did the Sgt Pepper show before in Los Angeles and New York, so that's how they ended up doing this. I'm not going to go on a tirade about how Cheap Trick is so great (I could) but they're definitely one band that can pull this off!

My son is excited because the concert happens to be on his birthday, and he's obsessed with airplanes, so he'll be flying on his birthday. My daughter is currently obsessed with the Beatles (I've been working on them, hee hee!) so she's excited to see the concert. Oh, yeah, and I'm taking my husband along too icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Make sure you are ready for the Vegas heat--although it isn't that bad right now.




How hot is it then? It's been in the 90's here for the last few weeks, and humid, so it's nasty. We're getting there around noon, then the concert will be that night, and we're leaving the next morning, so there won't be too much time spent outside, actually. Not if my husband sees any slot machines anywhere, that is (like he'd be able to avoid that in Vegas anyway)

Deb_ Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:23am
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

They're doing 10 days (I think) in Vegas, then if it works out they might be doing a more permanent show. They're big Beatles fans too, and they did the Sgt Pepper show before in Los Angeles and New York, so that's how they ended up doing this. I'm not going to go on a tirade about how Cheap Trick is so great (I could) but they're definitely one band that can pull this off!

My son is excited because the concert happens to be on his birthday, and he's obsessed with airplanes, so he'll be flying on his birthday. My daughter is currently obsessed with the Beatles (I've been working on them, hee hee!) so she's excited to see the concert. Oh, yeah, and I'm taking my husband along too icon_lol.gif




Oh they can definitely pull it off for sure!

You sound like my DH and me, we've got our kids (19 & almost 21) loving all the music that we listened to growing up....Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Skynard, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Clapton, Van Halen, etc....

Have an awesome time, I can't wait to hear about it.

Rebealuvsweets Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:32am
post #7 of 20

My cousin that lives in Vegas, said that on the news it says it is going to be really hot in the coming days. He really hates the heat because he works for the phone company and he has to work outside alot. And remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:46am
post #8 of 20

Oh that sounds fun!!!

KKC Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Make sure you are ready for the Vegas heat--although it isn't that bad right now.





I've been dying to get to Vegas for the past few years. Is there any place/hotel/restaurants/bars you would recommend staying? I'm trying to talk Dear hubby into going for our anniversary in January. Does it get really cold around that time?

Costumeczar, I hope you have a good time...I wish my mom was as cool as you are icon_wink.gif

Rylan Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 8:16pm
post #10 of 20

Costumeczar, it's in the 100's right now but it will get cooler later this week. Hehehe even some of our grocery stores outside the strip has slot machines.

KKC, Wynn is one of the best hotels I've been to, loved it. Since Las Vegas is the buffet capital of the world, there are plenty of buffets to choose from as well as other restaurants. Try going to buffets at dinner time because that is when they have the best selection. The Rio Carnival Buffet (really close to the strip) is my favorite and there are a lot of others I love outside the strip.

Las Vegas is either too hot or too cold. It is really cold in January so pack your sweaters.

KKC Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 10:35pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Costumeczar, it's in the 100's right now but it will get cooler later this week. Hehehe even some of our grocery stores outside the strip has slot machines.

KKC, Wynn is one of the best hotels I've been to, loved it. Since Las Vegas is the buffet capital of the world, there are plenty of buffets to choose from as well as other restaurants. Try going to buffets at dinner time because that is when they have the best selection. The Rio Carnival Buffet (really close to the strip) is my favorite and there are a lot of others I love outside the strip.

Las Vegas is either too hot or too cold. It is really cold in January so pack your sweaters.




Rylan, Wynn was actually were I wanted to go to besides MGM Grand, I also looked up some of the Buffets and one the really stood out to me was Cafe Lago...i am definately going to try them. Thanks for the suggestions!!! thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:22am
post #12 of 20

I actually was planning to dine at Cafe Lago a couple of weeks ago but I decided to check out Monte Carlo buffet. Not that impressed but with the price, it's worth it.

saffronica Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:21am
post #13 of 20

There's a bakery/chocolatier in the Bellagio that you might enjoy seeing. It's not really big, but they have some gorgeous display cakes.

Rylan Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:01pm
post #14 of 20

Oh yes, love that place. It's by Jean-Philippe. They have the world;s tallest chocolate fountain.

LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:22pm
post #15 of 20

As used to go to Vegas all the time, cause I lived in Southern Cal (and still went a lot when I moved back to Northern Cal) its gonna be hot, but it's dry heat and I notice thats what gets people from VA more so then the temp. Definetly agree with Rylan on Rio's buffet. I think it's the best for the price. I think the Venetian has great hotel rooms and Alladdin for being an older casino (though they did remodel several years ago) have really nice rooms. I LOVE Vegas! And I think your the cool mom. How spontaneous!

Rylan Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:20am
post #16 of 20

Btw, Alladin is no longer there. They now replaced it with a newly constructed casino called Planet Hollywood.

LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:45am
post #17 of 20

Are your serious?!?!? I thought Planet Hollywood used to be stuck in Cesear's and then removed. So it's no longer a restaurant, but an entire casino?!? wow. It has been 6 years. Wait until I tell my husband. Man, I miss Vegas.

Rylan Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:36am
post #18 of 20

Hehehe, you should go back to Vegas, there has been a lot of demolished and new casinos for last last 5 years.

LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:56am
post #19 of 20

Just gotta ask, did they FINALLY remodel Excalibur, you know the middle evel one. That was the most dated one...or is it gone too?! -icon_surprised.gif

Rylan Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:55am
post #20 of 20

I'm not sure if they remodeled it but most hotels at the strip has been renovated for the past 5 years.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%