Ck Gumpaste Mix Directions!

Decorating By mysweetconfetions Updated 2 Apr 2013 , 1:54pm by meika10

mysweetconfetions Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 8

I hope I am putting this in the right forum...I have a package of CK Products gumpaste mix. I have never used it before and I need to mix some up to mix with fondant. The problem is that the instructions have worn off the package and I need to know how to mix this up...Does anybody have the directions?...Please help me. I need to get this done tonight for a cake due this weekend. Thanks

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 8

I've never used it, but Earlene has instructions for it on her site: http://www.earlenescakes.com/productexamples.htm

diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 8

Directions: 1 cup gumpaste mix & 1 tablespoon hot water. blend 1/2 of the mix and the water in a small, lightly greased bowl. stir in balance of the mix. mix and form into ball, grease lightly and wrap in plastic, let rest for 24 hours. change water or mix, to get the consistancy you desire.

when i read your post i knew what you were talking about.

hope this helps!! thumbs_up.gif

mysweetconfetions Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 8

Thank You , Thank You...you guys are great![/i]

leah_s Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:25am
post #5 of 8

I use the stuff all the time. I just mix up what I need. Throw some gumpaste mix in a bowl and drip in water and stir until it looks right. If its a little soft, mix in some cornstarch.

jlynnw Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:38am
post #6 of 8

I had the same problem with my package! Thanks for getting the recipe. I did not know what I was to do.

celeste7ei Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 8

Hi there girls, I just saw your posts cause I was looking for the same kind of informations. Heres the link with pictures of what I found best...
http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=21931&category_id=258
You just have to work it with cornstarch to give it the constency that you what!

meika10 Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 1:54pm
post #8 of 8

Just want to say thanks! the same thing happened to me!! So google brought me to this forum. Thanks so much! I'm sure lots of others have used it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%