Rba Show Anyone?

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 7:39pm by LaBellaFlor

robinscakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 9

Anyone going to the RBA show this October in Charlotte, NC?

8 replies
indydebi Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 9

No, but I'm targeting the one in Vegas the next year! icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 9

Call me dumb, but what is RBA? I live close the Charlotte, NC

robinscakes Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 9

RBA = Retail Bakers Association. I've been to the shows the past three years. Indydebi, I didn't realize the show was in Vegas again next year. I went to the one in Vegas a couple years ago. My first time in Vegas and didn't gamble one dime. Maybe next year!

indydebi Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinscakes

I went to the one in Vegas a couple years ago. My first time in Vegas and didn't gamble one dime. Maybe next year!

I was at that one! You went to Vegas and didn't even drop a quarter in a machine! icon_surprised.gif We found our favorite machines and at one point, cashed out $600 ahead. (we spent it before the end of the trip, though! icon_redface.gif )

robinscakes Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinscakes

I went to the one in Vegas a couple years ago. My first time in Vegas and didn't gamble one dime. Maybe next year!

I was at that one! You went to Vegas and didn't even drop a quarter in a machine! icon_surprised.gif We found our favorite machines and at one point, cashed out $600 ahead. (we spent it before the end of the trip, though! icon_redface.gif )

Wow, nice! I'm pretty much a cheapskate and the risk of losing a dime outweighs the chance of gaining one in my book! I'll give it a try next year though. I'm looking forward to this year. Taking the Ron Ben-Israel flower class.....and the company card to go shopping....whooohoooo!

LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 9

Nevr heard of it. Do you have to be a member and do you have to have a store fromt?

robinscakes Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 9

You don't have to be a member and you don't have to have a storefront. It's open to the trade only, but they don't check your credentials, so if you're just considering going into the cake biz you can go there to get ideas and info. I believe it's a $75 or so entrance fee (up from last year, good for three days) and it gets you into the show and the free demos. Classes are extra. The first year I went I didn't do any classes and just attended all the free lectures/demos. It was well worth it even without the classes. I've taken several classes since then and they've all been great, even though they're a bit pricey. You can register online and get info at www.rbanet.com.

LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the info. Would LOVE to go, but it's in Oct. and I don't know if I can get the expenses together by then. Oh yea, been to Vegas countless times. call me a cheapy too, cause I've only ever played a quarter before. ;D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%