Need "tip" Advice

Decorating By CSPaula Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 3:43am by CSPaula

CSPaula Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 7

This question does not pertain to cake decorating per say but I thought this would be the best place to ask. I make clothes pin cookies with a great filling. The cookies are about 3 inches long. The problem is that with the cake decorating tips I have, none of them are long enough to get the filling into the middle of the cookie. I fill both ends but the middle never gets enough filling. I am not very familiar with cake decorating tips and I would like to purchase some that are long enough to get the filling to the middle. Do they make longer and bigger tips? Usually the ones I see online are relatively small. I also noticed that the tips are numbered. Are there bigger numbers I could purchase? I suppose the other option is that I could make the cookies shorter and smaller but I really do not want to. The same problem happens when I make cream horns/lady locks...no enough filling in the middle. Its so disappointing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

6 replies
Kazoot Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 7

Have you tried filling on the bottom of the cookie in 3 places instead of at each end?? Would that work?

divaessence Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 7

Have you tried the Wilton Bismark tip? It comes in their cupcake decorating set and can be found at most cake decorating stores and craft stores.

OMGitsaLisa Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 7

I have a tip that I purchased as an "eclair filler" tip. I don't remember the number, but I want to say it was called a bismarck? It might have been 233 or something like that, but yes, they do make a filler tip. You should be able to buy it separately but I know Wilton sells it in their "cupcake decorating" kit.

Edit: Beaten. That'll show me to get distracted with the reply window open! Heh.

diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by divaessence

Have you tried the Wilton Bismark tip? It comes in their cupcake decorating set and can be found at most cake decorating stores and craft stores.

i also have this and it is long enough to tackle the job...i recommend it. you can find it where ever they sell wilton supplies!! icon_wink.gif

prterrell Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7
CSPaula Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:43am
post #7 of 7

these tips were so helpful!! Thank you all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%