Fruit Filling Sleeve

Decorating By lchris Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 3:17am by Sassy74

lchris Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 9

l've never used a fruit filling sleeve before, but I bought a strawberry filling for a cake next week.
Will I be able to save the leftovers for a while? Also, when you spread it on the cake (I know to use a thick dam around the perimeter!), do you spread a thin layer of buttercream first, or filling directly on the cake?
I never refrigerate my cakes, does this mean I need to now?

TIA
Laurie

8 replies
indydebi Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 9

This stuff keeps in the refrigerator for just this side of forever. THe sleeve fillings do not need a BC layer to prevent it from soaking into the cake. Sleeve fillings do not soak. Sleeve fillings do not need refrigerated when inside a cake.

lchris Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 9

Perfect! Thank you thumbs_up.gif

Sassy74 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 2:58am
post #4 of 9

Not trying to hijack, but I have a question about filling sleeves. Where do y'all buy them? I don't think I've seen them in the couple of grocery stores I frequent, but I haven't beaten the bushes for them. Just curious...

sweet-thing Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:06am
post #5 of 9

The only place I have seen them is in the cake supply stores. I haven't seen them in the grocery but I haven't looked either.

lchris Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #6 of 9

Cake supply stores is the only place I know of. HTH

indydebi Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:15am
post #7 of 9

I doubt you'd find them in a grocery store. If you have a cake supply shop (not Michaels, not Hobby Lobby), they should carry some.

if not, here is an on-line source: http://countrykitchensa.com/catalog/SearchResults.aspx (Put "filling" in the search field).

this-mama-rocks Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:16am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

This stuff keeps in the refrigerator for just this side of forever. THe sleeve fillings do not need a BC layer to prevent it from soaking into the cake. Sleeve fillings do not soak. Sleeve fillings do not need refrigerated when inside a cake.

Does this also hold true for the Bavarian Cream sleeves?

Sassy74 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:17am
post #9 of 9

Thanks so much, ladies! I've always made my own, but this might be easier, especially if they last forever...I'll have to check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%