How Much??

Business By cadgurl07 Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 8:47pm by leah_s

cadgurl07 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 4

Eventually I'd like to get licensed in PA, but being on a limited bugdet already I was curious to know how much $$ it took for you all to get licensed. I already have a separate residential kitchen that currently isn't being used so that wouldn't be problem. I'm just asking about the fees, permits, forms, legals, ect... You don't have to say how much but just around about. Like a couple hundred, less than 1000, low 1000's, ect. That'll put me on the right track to see if this is even possible for me.

3 replies
leah_s Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 4

First of all, GOOD FOR YOU for knowing you need to be legal to sell cakes.

Around here, the fees are under $200, I did my own incorporating, totaling less than $50 for the filing fees, EIN is free, registering with the various taxing authorities is free, and the liability insurance was about $250.

"Your mileage may vary."

cadgurl07 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the info. That 250 for the insurance. I take it that's for a month, right? Are you from PA as well, if so where about? I'm about 15mins from the Jersey border and everything seems to more in our area b/c of offense to anyone. I think now I just need to make some phone calls and what not when I get a chance.

leah_s Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 4

Liability ins is $250 for a year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%