Truffle Filling Vs. Ganache Filling...

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm by leah_s

ddaigle Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 8

Is there a differnece...?? It seems that they are used interchangeably. When I read the recipe for a chocolate truffle filling, it was the same as my ganache? icon_smile.gif

7 replies
renee2007 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 8

the ganache I use is only chocolate and heavy cream. the truffle recipe has cream cheese and powdered sugar in it. I have only used the ganache to drizzle on a cake, haven't tried it as filling. I love the truffle filling, I think the cream cheese adds a nice flavor to it. hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 8

My truffle filling has cream cheese in it as well. It is VERY different from ganache. I like the texture of a set ganache. Truffle filling is rather thick.

ddaigle Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 8

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

KitchenKat Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:28am
post #5 of 8

Well i guess it depends on how you define truffles. European Truffles are simply candies made from chocolate and cream. So technically it is a ganache that has been allowed to set. I use the same recipe ganache as filling and frosting but when I use it as filling, I call it chocolate truffle filling. Sounds more decadent. Semantics icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 8

I am with KK - the recipe I use for both is the same recipe. I use less cream when I am making truffles, makes the mixture stiffer.

renee2007 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 8

the truffle filling recipe I use is from the gourmet thread from macsmom. It's just a filling, I think icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 8

Truffle filling, ganache = same thing in my kichen

Quote by @%username% on %date%