Ideas For Birthday And Baby Shower Combined

Decorating By 2SchnauzerLady Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 1:57pm by 2SchnauzerLady

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 8

Our data analyst is getting ready to have a little girl and her birthday is coming up. We are combining the two in one party because we don't think she'll make it to her due date. There will be no invitations, since we are a small department. Any ideas for combining the 2 events in one cake? TIA

7 replies
Williamus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Williamus Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 8

I would just make 2 cakes...by the time I came up an idea, I would probably have the two cakes done...lol.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Williamus, I'm good at copying ideas, but I am no good coming up with them until after the due date!!!

cakeaddiction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 8

How about doing a package gift? Do a present box thats been open (with lid propped up on side) And have a baby figure inside holding a sign that says happy birthday mommy.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 8

That's a cute idea cakeaddiction, a package cake would be new for me, but I have 2 weeks to practice it! Mmmmmm - that would give me an excuse to buy the baby mold!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 8

I knew if I looked long enough I would find some great examples of what I meant for inspiration

With this one the baby could be holding something saying Happy B-day mom

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1201981

With this one you could write it on the bottom cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1264799

2SchnauzerLady Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:57pm
post #8 of 8

OK - I showed the cakes around at work (excluding the birthday girl) and the general agreement is with the boby coming out of the box, just change colors and girly it up! She will hold a banner that says Happy Birthday Mama - this will be in German as Dad is from Germany and their toddler is being raised bilingual as will the new baby. Thanks to everyone for your help. I will post a pic when it's done - the party is Sept 3.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%