Zebra Stripes... I Need Help

Decorating By awestervelt Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm by MaryAnnPriest

awestervelt Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a pattern for doing zebra stripes on a cake? I'm going to be doing a sweet 16 cake with zebra stripes and I'm not sure where to begin. I would appreciate all the tips and advice you can give. Thanks a bunch

5 replies
icer101 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 6

hi, you roll out your fondant.. cut stripes using irregular cuts,etc. look at some of the pics on this site.. you will see what i mean.. somes short..somes long.. somes wavy like.. somes straight.. on you tube.. there is a lady doing this.. it might help you to watch that too. there is no pattern. just cut them all different and glue on with water if it is fondant cake.. hth

Charmed Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:03am
post #3 of 6

here is a tutorial on you tube"

awestervelt Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks!!

hensor Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 6

Zebra stripes are actually very random...If you look at the pictures of cakes on here you will see that there are almost none that are exactly the same.

MaryAnnPriest Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 6

I recently did my first zebra stripe cake. And someone explained it to me like this. "While the zebra stripes are random, they also have a kind of consistency in width of the stripe and the width of the spacing". Check out some of the photos in the gallery & you'll see what I mean. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%