How Long To Wait For Whipped Cream Icing??

Baking By shanny2424 Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm by shanny2424

shanny2424 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:58am
post #1 of 5

How long do you whip with a kitchen aid mixer for whipped cream icing. It says to not over beat.... how do you know if you've gone too long??
Thanks in advanced

4 replies
cylstrial Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 5

I just stood and watched it. If you overbeat, it will get too thick (I think). Because the same thing happened to me (I wasn't sure how long I should let it beat). I cut it off when it was started to get to thick. Depending on what you want to use it for - you could let it get to the soft peak stage or the hard peak stage.

shanny2424 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I actually need to cover a cake with it so it needs to be a bit stiffer I made some last night and chilled it in the fridge and I'm going to try whipping it some more today to see if it helps.
Thanks again

Marianna46 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 5

I use a brand of non-dairy whipped cream called Top Cream (I have no idea whether this is an American brand or a Mexican one, sorry to say). It's a marvel! It tastes great and increases greatly in volume, but I usually beat it for 15-20 minutes in my KA at a really high rate of speed, maybe 7-9. For covering cakes, I let it get quite stiff and spread it on really thick. For softer peaks, I just check it every minute or two until it gets to where I want it to. I don't think I'd even try to whip this stuff with a hand-held beater, though. If it's 15-20 on my KA, it' d probably be 20-30 with any other kind of mixer, which is a little too long to be standing around with a hand-held.

shanny2424 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for posting some timing I'm mixing mine right now and just waiting. I just spoke with the girl who ordered the cake and said that if there was another type of incing I could use just in case lol She knew right off the bat that I had never made it b4 but said I would give it a try. The recipe I am using is
1 cup whipping cream
2 tbs icing sugar
1 tbs piping gel
1/2 tbs vanilla

I'm hoping that it turns out!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%