Yellow And White Cake In The Back Drop Of Ace Of Cakes

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 3:01am by Darthburn

rharris524 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:09am
post #1 of 13

I was watching an episode of Ace of Cakes and you know how when they have just one person sitting and talking to the camera that there are cakes in the back drop? There was a yellow fondant covered three tier (round) with white scroll work and a monogram on the center tier. Does anyone know where I could find a still photo of that cake or know of a similar cake that they could give me a still photo of...the scroll work/monogram was very pretty and I'd like to see it again and hopefully get some inspiration

12 replies
josumiko Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:12am
post #2 of 13

have you checked the photo gallery on their website?

rharris524 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 13

yes icon_sad.gif They've changed their layout and now they have very few pictures...or at least that I can find

Darthburn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:59am
post #4 of 13

One of the last episodes they had Mary was talking about a website illegaly using Duff's pictures as his own. Probably the reason why there are less pictures now.

I doubt these are it, but I was looking for you too!

Darthburn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:05am
post #5 of 13

This was the description on the website I got the Duff pic from:

Documentation of Charm City Cakes bakery in Baltimore, MD, and celebrity owner and baker, Duff Goldman (star of the Food Network's popular show, "The Ace of Cakes.") Adrienne Helitzer photographed the bakery staff at work during a period of 10 days during February, 2008. These photographs are intended for publication in an upcoming book project by publisher HarperCollins on the bakery and Duff Goldman. Helitzer worked closely with book project author/producer Willie Goldman, who is also co-producer of "The Ace of Cakes."

Wonder if the book will have some better pictures? I say write and ask Mary... what's the worst she could say? No? I'll laugh if you do and it shows up on an episode! haha

rharris524 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:26am
post #6 of 13

Yay! that one behind Duff is the one I was talking about...not quite as pretty as I remembered though. I think that I will take your advice and email Mary. Who knows, right?

rharris524 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:26am
post #7 of 13

I forgot to say thank you!!!!!!!

Darthburn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:29am
post #8 of 13

Glad I could help. I figured it was the monogram one, kinda accidently did a picture of the other cake, but at least that was a nice close up.

Let me know what she says icon_biggrin.gif

rharris524 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:33am
post #9 of 13

Bummer, they are out of town till the 31st and not taking any emails until them and I would need the 'inspired by' cake for this week. Oh well! I was hoping to get a decent pic of the monogram, that is what I was mostly interested in. I wanted to see the border part of the monogram...I guess I'll just have to get my creative juices flowing and make it up

rharris524 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #10 of 13

I uploaded my 'inspired by' was a little last minute so not my best work but I'm pretty happy with it

Darthburn Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:46am
post #11 of 13

You did good icon_smile.gif Wish my hand was steady enough to pipe like that!!

rharris524 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:50am
post #12 of 13

Thanks for your help! The P was a little off center icon_sad.gif but overall it was what I had in mind

BTW, I love your Jack cakes...I may have to look through your instructions and make one for my DH, he's a big fan and his birthday is coming up

Darthburn Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:01am
post #13 of 13

I'm telling you, if I'd have piped that the "P" would have been on the side of the cake before I got finished... you did great.

Thank you on the Jack cake.. the second time around was much easier and I think looked better... but that is how it should be. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%