Fondant Accents On Pastry Pride Covered Cake????

Decorating By DreamInCake11 Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 5:21am by auntginn

DreamInCake11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamInCake11 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know if I can use fondant accents on a Pastry Pride covered cake without problems? Will the fondant pieces stay on the cake? Will the colors bleed onto the white Pastry Pride?

TIA!

9 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:45am
post #2 of 10

If you put them on at the last minute, right before serving, they should be OK for a short time.
If you put them on too early, they will melt and bleed due to the high water content of the Pastry Pride.

Rae

DreamInCake11 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #3 of 10

Shoot!!! Ok. Thanks.

Anyone else have experience with Pastry Pride and fondant?

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:09am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

If you put them on at the last minute, right before serving, they should be OK for a short time.
If you put them on too early, they will melt and bleed due to the high water content of the Pastry Pride.

Rae

I second this but there is one more thing that you can do, once that you have your fondant pieces dry put a layer of RI on the back; let them dry and after is dry you can put them in your cake. HTH I do this all the time with my cake I'll pm the page where I put mi cake pictures all of them are frosting with PP and fondant accents.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:20am
post #5 of 10

I use them as well. What I do is allow the PP to dry, kinda like letting BC to crust, then apply the accents. Also helps if your accents are not large or too thick which will make them heavy. Works well for me.

DreamInCake11 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:04am
post #6 of 10

Thanks!!! Once the PP gets that film when it dries a little bit, does that help to keep the fondant from absorbing the moisture and bleeding? Or will they still eventually bleed?

auntginn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:14am
post #7 of 10

Mine do not bleed unless I did something wrong and the accents slide off. Example. Let the cake sit out on a warm day and the PP starts to soften.

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:17am
post #8 of 10

I had yellow sunflowers (50/50 mix GP/MMF) on a cake with PP I did wait to put them on right before the reception and they were fine for over 5 hours when I took them off. I still have them in a bag and none of them are damaged in any way. The PP had dried with that film it gets. From what I gather from my instructor and from others here, the longer you leave fondant decorations on PP the riskier it is that they will start to melt.

I should also add my sunflowers were dried rock hard before I used them.

DreamInCake11 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:18am
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone for your tips! I hope I don't mess up my friend's cake! LOL

auntginn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:21am
post #10 of 10

By the way, Welcome to CC, you'll find you can learn lots of great ideas and tips from the sight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%