Cake Decorating Parties For Kids

Decorating By Sparklepop Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 5:59am by Sparklepop

Sparklepop  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 13

Quite a while ago I remember reading a thread on the above, naturally I can't seem to find it icon_confused.gif . I'm after info on what goes into setting up kids parties and if they are as fun as they sound (for the kids that is icon_lol.gif ).
Thanks for any help

12 replies
 Melonie1005  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:20am
post #2 of 13

Here is a bump for you to get this question noticed. I am wanting to know the same thing. I want to start a mobile party to go business, and want to add this as an option. Maybe someone will help us.
Thanks for any help,
Melonie

Melonie1005  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:27am
post #3 of 13

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 13

I haven't heard of that but there is a book out on that very subject. If you give me a few moments I'll try to get a link for you.

Sparklepop Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 13

That would be cool bobwonderbuns.
Thanks for the bump Melonie1005.
I've even tried to Google with little success.
I'm sure I read about it here but that was probably before the big crash.

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:46am
post #6 of 13

Well crap, I can't find what I'm looking for. If you go to kitchenkrafts.com, search through the books section. There are several on that very topic but I can't find the one I'm thinking of.

Sparklepop Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:39am
post #7 of 13

Isn't that always the way? Thanks anyway bob, will check out the website for the book thumbs_up.gif

Ruth0209  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:23am
post #8 of 13

I thought about doing this, but haven't followed through on it. It sounds extraordinarily tedious to me, but I thought it might be a money maker.

I figured I'd need a 4" round cake (only one flavor per party) for each child, iced in white BC with one layer of BC filling, and then maybe two colors of icing for each kid. I thought I could put the icing in small ziplock bags with one of those cheap plastic tips in it. The kids could share/swap the colors if they wanted a different color. Maybe some sprinkles and stuff like that, too.

I thought they'd each need a little box to take their cake home (with my business card stuck to the top, hopefully for future grown-up orders). I aso thought it'd be cool for each kid to have their own apron, and I found some for $2.82 each at this web site.

http://www.kng.com/wholesale/servlet/prod/en/kng/Restaurant/Childrens-Bib-Aprons_-Medium

I think you'd want to limit your time to about an hour plus a little prep and clean-up time. I think you'd need to charge about $15/kid to make any money at it because you'd want to limit the number so it wasn't total chaos (max of 10 kids?). You'd probably want a minimum age limit, too. Maybe 6 years old?

Don't know if that helps at all, but those were my thoughts. I'll be interested to see if anyone is doing this successfully without losing their mind. : )

2SimplySweet  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:34am
post #9 of 13

That would be cute a Cake Decorate Mobile Valet thumbs_up.gif

Sparklepop Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 9:47am
post #10 of 13

Yeah something along those lines Ruth0209 or I even thought about a couple of cupcakes. I was trying to work out whether it was a viable sort of thing to look at doing or not. It sounds good in theory but I was wondering how it would go in practice.
Cake Decorate Mobile Valet icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

PartyCake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PartyCake Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:45am
post #11 of 13

How to start a home based Children's Birthday Party Business by Amy Jean Peters is the book you should read. If you work out of your home or have a storefront it covers all areas. You can borrow it from your local library.

korensmommy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #12 of 13

Here's someone who does it, maybe this will help give you some ideas:

http://www.cakedecoratingparties.com/

Sparklepop Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 5:59am
post #13 of 13

Thank you PartyCake will see if I can find the book here.
korensmommy thanks for the link that is a help too, the kids look like they're really into it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%