Mousseline Buttercream And Humidity

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 11:51am by loriemoms

loriemoms Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in using mousseline buttercream on wedding cakes in high humid areas? I have used this for cakes I know will be refridgerated then served in an hour or two, but the trend lately has been to cut the cake late in the evening and the cake will sit for 5-6 hours. These are indoor weddings, but with crowds of people, the humidity does grow. I have a couple who hates american buttercream, LOVED the mousseline buttercream sample I had them try and wanted to see if I could do their cake. I know this buttercream is more stable then swiss merigue but it just has SO much butter in it!

Thanks!

3 replies
cylstrial Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #2 of 4

I've never even heard of mousseline buttercream - but it sounds delicious!

snarkybaker Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:27am
post #3 of 4

Mousseline Buttercream is Rose Birnbaum's version of italian meringue buttercream. We use an IMBC and it is crazy stable, as long as the ambient tempurature is below 80. Because of the high butter content, above 80 degrees, you're asking for trouble.

loriemoms Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:51am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

Mousseline Buttercream is Rose Birnbaum's version of italian meringue buttercream. We use an IMBC and it is crazy stable, as long as the ambient tempurature is below 80. Because of the high butter content, above 80 degrees, you're asking for trouble.

Luckilly most reception rooms are in the 70s, but sometimes the humidity is awful! Thta is what I was concerned about... I wouldnt mind using the buttercream for everything, it is so delicious and so easy to work with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%