Delivery 3+ Hours Ahead?

Decorating By Lenette Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 11:06pm by indydebi

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

i have a bride who wants me to deliver a cake 3 hours before the wedding (wedding and reception at same place). I am a little concerned about delivering so far in advance.

Generally, I deliver an hour or so prior to the reception. If the wedding is in the same place I come an hour-1/2 hour before guests are to arrive.

3+ hours seems like a long time. I do usually refrigerate up until delivery (which is a hour away this time).

Am I worrying for nothing? What do ya'll think? I want to tell her I would like to bring it about an hour or so before.

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think thats a big deal unless its an outdoor venue. And even if it was,to me its always a bad idea to have a cake outdoors. The only risk I see is that it gives more time for the cake to get messed up by someone else. Have them sign off on it.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 4

Definately have her or a person designated by her sign off on that the cake is in perfect condition after you set up. Also, take pictures with a date and time stamp to prove this in case of a catastrophe.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 4

As I tell 'em, "It sits on my counter or it sits on yours. Makes no difference to the cake."

When I do caterings, the cake is often set up 2-3 hours before it's actually cut (because of the time we have to arrive to set up the catering). D&R cakes I'll set up anytime they want me to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%