Delivery 3+ Hours Ahead?

Decorating By Lenette Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 11:06pm by indydebi

Lenette Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

i have a bride who wants me to deliver a cake 3 hours before the wedding (wedding and reception at same place). I am a little concerned about delivering so far in advance.

Generally, I deliver an hour or so prior to the reception. If the wedding is in the same place I come an hour-1/2 hour before guests are to arrive.

3+ hours seems like a long time. I do usually refrigerate up until delivery (which is a hour away this time).

Am I worrying for nothing? What do ya'll think? I want to tell her I would like to bring it about an hour or so before.

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think thats a big deal unless its an outdoor venue. And even if it was,to me its always a bad idea to have a cake outdoors. The only risk I see is that it gives more time for the cake to get messed up by someone else. Have them sign off on it.

juleebug Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 4

Definately have her or a person designated by her sign off on that the cake is in perfect condition after you set up. Also, take pictures with a date and time stamp to prove this in case of a catastrophe.

indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 4

As I tell 'em, "It sits on my counter or it sits on yours. Makes no difference to the cake."

When I do caterings, the cake is often set up 2-3 hours before it's actually cut (because of the time we have to arrive to set up the catering). D&R cakes I'll set up anytime they want me to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%