Question About Baking 3-D Cakes

Decorating By schatze Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 3:54pm by schatze

schatze Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I would like to attempt to bake the Wilton stand-up house cake for my clinic class on Saturday (9 of the interns are graduating, and Saturday will be their last day). On the instructions, it mentions some sort of pudding cake mix. Can I use regular box cake mix for this? I have never bake any sort of stand up cake or 3-D cake, so I would like any and all advice you all can give. Please speak to me as if I've never baked before--my skills are strictly beginner, although, I seem to have an odd gift for decorating, which is why I'm attempting this.

thank you very much!
*^_^*

2 replies
JanH Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 6:46am
post #2 of 3

Hi and Congrats on your 1st post, schatze. icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatze

On the instructions, it mentions some sort of pudding cake mix. Can I use regular box cake mix for this?

The instructions are referring to either Betty Crocker or Pillsbury's pudding added cake mix formula....or regular cake mix. (Of the major brands, only Duncan Hines doesn't have pudding in their cake mix formula.)

All CC extended/enhanced cake mix recipes:
(Suitable for carving or 3d.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614378-.html

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above superthread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - and so much more!

HTH

schatze Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you! Also, thank you SO much. Every time I tried to do a search on the subject, it would come back empty. I need to figure out how to use the search on here. I must be doing something wrong because I can never seem to find anything aside from pictures :-/

Thank you heaps again!
*^_^*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%