Turning 40 Tomboy...i Need Help!...

Decorating By mysweetconfetions Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 4:12pm by LittleLinda

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to do a cake for a surprise party for a woman turning 40. Her Mother is throwing the party for her and doesn't want any "over the hill" sort of theme. She wants something "tomboyish" . It is to feed 75 people. Anybody got any ideas to help me along with this one? Mom said "something with a pond, fishing pole, horses...something along that line" icon_confused.gif

6 replies
mysweetconfetions Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 7

Spmebody...anybody...PLEASE???????

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:37am
post #3 of 7

I saw this cake (made by Shill) last night, and I think it is beautiful! Maybe you could do something like this and add a horse or two drinking from the river.

mysweetconfetions Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 7

Thank you so much...I was begining to think I was the only one on here... icon_lol.gif [/b]

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:45am
post #5 of 7

A large sheetcake with a boat on it, somebody fishing off the boat. Water type frosting.

amyddd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyddd Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:00am
post #6 of 7

Hi
I dont know how advanced your cake skills are - mine arent great, but I thought i would share my "water feature" technique - I made a birdbath cake for my moms 80th bday... made hard candy for the water and submerged it over a hole cut in the fondant. Put some fake birds at the edge and it was a hit!
LL

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyddd

made hard candy for the water and submerged it over a hole cut in the fondant.

Just a big circle of hard candy? What a great idea! I love the cake! You should post it in the gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%