To Become A Legal Cake Baker?

Business By Creative_Cookies_Cakes Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm by leah_s

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 6

To become a legal cake baker out of the home what do you need to do?

5 replies
costumeczar Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 6

It depends where you are...What state are you in?


Uniqueask Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 6

Talk to your Health Dept Start from there

Mencked Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 6

My first call was to my county health department and they directed me to the county sanitarian......I didn't even know we had a county sanitarian, or that sanitarian was even a word much less a gov't. position! Anyway, that should definitely be your first step...the county health dept. should be able to help you out!

Mike1394 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 6

The very first place is to check with your city gov. office to see if you can have a biz in your home, then go to HD.


leah_s Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 6

I'd agree, Mike. The first stop is your local zoning office/department. You may or may not be able to have a biz in your home. The next thing to do is read your deed and covenants in a Homeowners Association if you have one. That may restrict a biz in your home. Once you get past those hurdles, then call the local HD.

Quote by @%username% on %date%