Best Material For Rolling Fondant???

Decorating By Holli_Rose Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm by JenniferMI

Holli_Rose Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 3

I've been making cakes for a little while and just moved from an apt where the counter tops had lost their 'protective layer' for lack of a better word. They were always very very hard to clean and when it came to fondant I had to use one of those roll out plastic fondant sheets. However I HATED using it. It always slid away from me at the very worst times!! No matter how much I dusted the fondant it would always end up sticking to the counter tops so I had no other choice but to use the sheet. The apt I live in now the kitchen is so tiny (had to move in a rush as we had family issues arise kitchen didn't take top piority in the move) that I have yet to even attempt to make a cake because there's just no place to make a sandwich much less a cake!!!

However we're in the market to buy a house now and when I go into houses I keep thinking "would this be a nice counter top" now I know and even interested in replacing counter tops if a house doesn't have what I'm looking for. Thats not an issue but each one I look at I tend to think yes maybe this one or no not that one. So I was wondering for all of you with experience with some or many surfaces what sort of counter tops/tables worked best for you??? Just really good counters that still have their gloss or granit or steel?? My husband is a chef and has made it at work and has no issues rolling it out on his steel tables but I'm not real interested in having those in a house what compares or is best in your opinion!!!

2 replies
cathie_shinnick Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 3

I have Corien counters and its great. I also love to work on granite. I stays cool too.

JenniferMI Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 3

I only use white choc. fondant and roll it out right on formica (my long table) like a charm.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%