Looking For A Good Start...

Business By CiNoRi Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 7:57pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:25am
post #1 of 6

Hi all,

I am considering starting a home-based baking business. Can anyone recommend any good books (or other resources) that can get me started/thinking? I'd like to find a good "how to" starting from the ground up/ get me organized.

Thanks guys!

5 replies
TheBaketress Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 6

I am with you on this!!! I put an add on craigslist for *free custom cakes, and explained that I would be charging for ingredients (to build my portfolio up) and did not get a lot of responses icon_sad.gif

minicuppie Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 6

I really like the "Dummy" books...Everything is explained simply so when I read a "real" business book I thought "Oh yeah...I know a bit about that already".

CiNoRi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah I was thinking about trying a dummies book...I'll see if i can find one today...

I have been searching the last few days and find stuff mostly on starting a bakery <with a storefront> or catering business... both of these topics tend to give information geared to someone who has been doing this already...not a good "start"

Thanks again!

Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 6

There is a few threads on here already about this same topic and lots of great decoraters on here who own business have given excellent advice and suggestions.Indydebi is one..Leah Thanks You is another...and many more who can give good start up advice.Do your planning now as to the rules and regulations needed to start up for your state/area..The local city halls can help with that..small business bureaus..Phone your helath dept to find out specifically what you are required to have..every state is different!

I have a home based business but I live in Canada so my personal advice won't help much icon_wink.gif !

CiNoRi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! Any and all info is greatly appreciated! I will search for those members specifically. I have just been going through the older posts bit by bit, learned a ton so far!

Thanky! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%