Diamond Patchwork Cutter Method?

Decorating By gloria Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm by NatalieMarie

gloria Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 3:59am
post #1 of 7

I have purchased this cutter and I am anxious to use it. However, I want to do a treatment around the top edges but don't know how to do it.

I wish I had a pic but it is a Marion Frost diamond cutter and the cake can be found where ever you see this diamond cutter. A pic is on the country kitchen website.

Can someone pleeeeease tell me how to do the treatment around the top edges.

6 replies
gloria Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 7

I need to know how to do the top edges above the diamonds.

jardot22 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 7

Is that a fondant crimper maybe?

NatalieMarie Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 7


Not too sure what you mean by a top treatment? I've just looked at the country kitchen website and the pic they have there. Did you want to recreate the effect they have in the photo?? They use a crimping tool to get that draped look. You'll need the closed curve serrated one.

NatalieMarie Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 7

I just realised that I typed in the wrong crimper!! It's the closed scallop....sorry

gloria Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 7

Is there a specific name for this crimper?
Are crimpers hard to use. I have a couple that I have never used. It never occurred to me that this is what the technique would be.

NatalieMarie Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 7

It's called a closed scallop crimper.

The trick to crimping is to pinch the paste and pull up slightly. It does take abit of practice to get the effect right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%