Crafty People (Scrapbookers)

Lounge By crumbcake Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 3:22am by crumbcake

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:44am
post #1 of 5

I was reading the forums about the Circuit machines everyone is starting to use in cake decorating, and it dawned on me to ask, how many of us are scrapbookers as well. I started doing scrapbooking and use several ideas in my cake decorating as well.

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 5

I have done exactly 1 scrapbook (for my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's, of everyone in the family, to help her remember who is who). It was loads of fun and took forever. I plan to eventually get around to putting all of our wedding photos in a scrapbook. Maybe by my 10th anniv....lol.

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 5

I used to scrapbook more than I do now. I make small scrapbooks for my mom and MIL of my son. They do take a long time to do. I have tried almost every hobby out there. I have done some knitting, crochet, twilling, sewing and embroidery. I love all types of crafts. I have since I was a little girl.

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:23am
post #4 of 5

I also scrapbook. I have been doing so for about 10 years.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 5

You're never "caught up" in scrapbooking, but do any of you all use some of your scrapping ideas in cake decorating.? I find myself doing it quite often, for instance, I am the worst in writing on a cake, so I have used die-cut letters on my cake boards to write the name etc. Sounds tacky, but it looks quite nice. Sometimes people ask me if I did it free hand! How about this new Circuit machine craze in decorating cakes. Neat idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%