It Seems Simple Enough...

Decorating By cakemeasIam Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 11:41pm by cakemeasIam

cakemeasIam Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 8

but i have a request for a 8 year olds cake... mentioned that she loves fashion and girlie girl things. i was thinking of doing a handbag cake...but my fear is that it will be too old (mature for her) .
any tips and or ideas...??
thanks in advance! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
Elise87 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 8

you could always do a younger girlie bag for her with brighter colours and patterns or just a very soft coloured pretty one without all those big gold chunky buckles and all that you can sometimes find on adult hangbags

crumbcake Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 8

I work in a restaurant, and you would be surprised to see how many little girls ( as young as 3) show up with their hand bags. They are always so proud to show off what they have inside too! I think she would love one, most of the bags are bright pink and have some "girly" glitz on them.

indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbcake

I work in a restaurant, and you would be surprised to see how many little girls ( as young as 3) show up with their hand bags. They are always so proud to show off what they have inside too! I think she would love one, most of the bags are bright pink and have some "girly" glitz on them.

Yep! I have a niece who is somewhere between 2 and 3. She'll carry anything that looks like a purse ... even a plastic walmart bag!! icon_lol.gif She also loves bead necklaces ... like those Mardi Gras type. She doesn't like to go anywhere without her necklace and purse!

letsgetcaking Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:06am
post #5 of 8

I like this cake made by gakali. It doesn't look too adult.

Maybe you could add a popular children's character (like Hello Kitty) as the clasp on the purse.

prettycakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:24am
post #6 of 8

hot sellers right now are zebra stripes with hot pink, lime green, or lavender accents.

crumbcake Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #7 of 8

I think that's a good choice, especially with the lipstick too!

cakemeasIam Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 8

thanks for all the ideas...i don't usually take this long to to reply! soooo rude! icon_smile.gif but i appreciate all your expert advice. love the pic too!
i just went with your advice and did a bright pink handbag with some flower details.
thanks again!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%