Wilton Piller & Plate Set

Decorating By carpet Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 10:35pm by Jeff_Arnett

carpet Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 4

I hope somebody here on cc can help me . My husband brought me the 54 pc. piller & plate set from wilton .I'm very happy.But what are the plate pegs for ? And how do i use them? This may be a stupie question. But i hope somebody can answer it. thank you so much

3 replies
leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 4

As far as I can tell, they truly don't do much of anything. I used to work in a bakery and the head decorator was very fond of using them as supports. Until her cakes all started falling.

Has your DH seen the SPS system?

MaryAnnPriest Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 4

SPS...SPS...SPS...SPS!

Come on everyone chant along!

Really, it's terrific! Thanks leahs for showing me the light! You'll never look at another support system again. icon_biggrin.gif

Jeff_Arnett Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpet

I hope somebody here on cc can help me . My husband brought me the 54 pc. piller & plate set from wilton .I'm very happy.But what are the plate pegs for ? And how do i use them? This may be a stupie question. But i hope somebody can answer it. thank you so much

They are supposed to hold the bottom plate in place....but the pegs never seem to stay put in the holes of the plate....and DEFINITELY do not depend on them for support!

If you use pillars and plate, I must agree with the others here....use a single plate type system....several of them on the market.....where there is no bottom plate....the pillars push down through the cake and rest on the separator plate below...no other support is needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%