Filling Cupcakes

Baking By kaddikakes Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm by MORSELSBYMARK

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 7

I want to make chocolate cupcakes and fill them with peanutbutter filling. How do I go about filling the cupcakes?

6 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

I use the knife method here: http://bakingbites.com/2007/09/how-to-make-filled-cupcakes-step-by-step

Sometimes I use a small circle cutter instead of a knife. If using the cutter, it works better if the cupcakes are slightly frozen. I do have a Bismark tip for filling, but I find that it fills a very small area and I also have a problem with the cupcake sticking inside the tip and clogging it. I prefer the knife method.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 7

That sounds good, i'd like to know and try that too....with a chocolate ganache icing.....yum!

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 7

That's what I thought too . . . I need the recipe for the chocolate ganache.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 7

Ganache is easy. Equal parts of bittersweet or dark chocolate and heavy whipping cream. In a sauce pan bring the heavy cream to a slight boil. Remove from heat. Place the chocolate pieces in a bowl and pour hot cream over top. Whisk until smooth.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 7

What I have done is simply fill them using any size tip...like a round tip or a star tip...whatever you want to use. Insert the tip into the cupcake and squeeze until you feel the cupcake expanding....dont fill to much because the cupcake can break. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

What I have done is simply fill them using any size tip...like a round tip or a star tip...whatever you want to use. Insert the tip into the cupcake and squeeze until you feel the cupcake expanding....dont fill to much because the cupcake can break. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

I do mine the same way. Actually, I just finished filling chocolate cuppies with oreo mousse 30 minutes ago!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%