Giant Cupcake Pan From Wilton

Decorating By paula1234 Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 12:58am by ajmccray

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 10

I have had the Wilton cupcake pan for about a year now, never used it until last night. My 16 year old decided that was going to be his cake this year, complete with a cherry on top. I looked here to see if there would be any problems with it. I decided to bake mine one piece at a time, no problems. I didn't want to use fondant on the bottom part, so I got a bright idea at 11:30 last night to use melted chocolate as a paper. I have a Wilton chocolate pro, filled it to the max, melted the chocolate and colored it bright red. I then poured all the chocolate into the bottom of the pan, with a paint brush pulled the chocolate up the sides, I did this slow, giving the chocolate time to cool. This way, the sides got thick. Put in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes and pulled straight up and it actually worked. Then I put the bottom portion of the cake into the "cupcake paper!!!" Yeah!!!!!!!!! birthday.gif

9 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 10

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see a picture. icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see a picture. icon_smile.gif

me too please a picture never used my pan yet

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 10

I would love to see a pcture also! I have only used my pan like this once....

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 10

What a fantastic idea!

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 10

i soooooo want this pan!

FantasyLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FantasyLand Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 10

I'm a bit stupid when it comes to chocolate ... how did you get it out of the pan without breaking it?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 12:27am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyLand

I'm a bit stupid when it comes to chocolate ... how did you get it out of the pan without breaking it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1234

Put in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes and pulled straight up and it actually worked. Then I put the bottom portion of the cake into the "cupcake paper!!!" Yeah!!!!!!!!! birthday.gif

HTH

Darth_Aerdna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darth_Aerdna Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 12:33am
post #9 of 10

SOOOO smart!!! Did you have to trim the bottom down much to get it to fit in the "wrapper"?

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 12:58am
post #10 of 10

Great idea!! I have to do this cake this upcoming weekend and think I'm going to try this. The mom wants the bottom to be white with polka dots so this would be great. Just out of curiosity, did you ice the cake bottom and then it in the "wrapper"? Did it all fit? Thanks again for the idea!

Angela

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%