What Color Should The Topper Be?

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm by KristyCakes

MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:01am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a friend's daughter her 1st birthday cake. The cake will be white fondant, with pastel colored polka dots (since it's a polka dot theme). It will have a number "1" topper.

I was originally thinking to make the topper pastel pink, but now I'm wondering if I should make the topper white and cover it with the pastel polka dots (using the smallest circle cutter).

As an aside, the borders will be fondant ribbons, and dress bows in pastel pink.

What do you think? What color scheme would be better?

4 replies
prterrell Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 5

Where is the candle going to go? Just curious. I would just use a #1 candle as the topper, but that's me.

Sounds like a cute and pretty cake! Can't wait to see pics!

cherrycakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 5

I would do the topper the same colour as the border in order to balance it. By putting dots on the topper as well, it may not stand out as well because it will blend in more with the cake. Just my thought!

MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 5

Thanks ladies!

Not sure where the candle will go. I'm just following what the mom wanted for the cake. If I could guess, I would say she'll have a small candle in front of the topper.

KristyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah, I agree, go with the solid color topper. Sounds like it's going to be adorable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%