Fodant Toppers

Decorating By Ladybug78 Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 2:38am by tracey1970

Ladybug78 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 12:07am
post #1 of 5

Please help, I need to know about fondant cake toppers. 3 questions...
1. What do you put fondant toppers in after you made them if you are not going to use them right away... tupperware or gift box?
2. How long will they last if stored properly?
3. Is it "tacky" to use the toppers that have been stored for a while?
Thanks your help is appreciated

4 replies
fiddlesticks Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 12:23am
post #2 of 5

Hi there ! Are you wanting your toppers to stay soft ? If you want them to dry hard you dont have to store them in anything really. just sit them out of the way but keep them out of the sun! If your wanting to make lots of them ahead of time just to have on hand then you can make and store them even in a cake box! That will at least keep the dust off of them. I would store them in a gift box before tupperware ,but thats just me !
No its not Tacky to use them after you have had them awhile I keep lots of premade flowers on hand just in case I need them quickly, toppers are no different ! They will last for a very very long time as long as they dont fade in the sun !Hope this helps some !

Ladybug78 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:06am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, i do want them to dry. I will also do the cake box for storage.

fiddlesticks Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5

Your Welcome ! If you look at my avatar ( the kitty) he is a few yrs old and I still have him sitting out on a dresser, he was my first fondant topper and is still just fine !

tracey1970 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 5

I store mine the same way. I have made them more than a month in advance, put them in a cake box or similar thing, and stored them in a cupboard away from dust and light (and the possiblity of being manhandled by an almost 3-year-old!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%