Covering Cake Board With Fondant Question

Decorating By still_learning Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 2:14am by tracey1970

still_learning Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 5

Do you normally cover the entire cake board and then put the cake on top or do you put the cake on the board first and then put a strip of fondant around the cake? I'm hoping to try this for the first time for the cake that's due tomorrow icon_surprised.gif

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 5

I always cover the whole board, but I've seen instructions in books where they just put the strip around the cake. I guess it can be done either way. I use MMF and it's cheap D: If I were using the more expensive stuff I'd be just putting the strip around the cake.

tracycakes Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 5

I always put it over the whole board because it's easier for me but I have seen a video on doing just the strip. I may attempt at some time but it seems harder to do for me.

icer101 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 5

i have done both. some people also.. after covering the board.. take the cake circle and lay it on board . cut around it. lift that peice off... then , put their cake down . that is on a cake board.into the circle.. that is a nice way to do it.also.. hth

tracey1970 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 5

I cover the whole board. I think I'd go crazy trying to get the strip around the cake to fit and look right. Kudos to anyone who can do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%