How To, Or I Should Even, Advertise Risque Cakes?

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 12:32pm by cylstrial

jillmakescakes Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 6

While we currently offer risque cakes, it is not something that I feel 100% comfortable putting on my regular website. I'd hate to hear from some 5yr old's mom that they had to explain what a naughty cake was while trying to find a birthday cake photo!!! (it's a cake that needs a timeout icon_lol.gif )

On the other hand, I'd like to find some way to let people who are interested, know that we offer them. I remember reading someone on CC had a separate business/website for their risque cakes and I've thought about that.

I just was wondering what kind of opinions, thoughts, comments, or concerns anyone might be willing to share as I research this idea.

5 replies
terrig007 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 6

You could always just put in red letters that adult cakes are done as well and if someone is considering one, to contact you personally to go over the details in person. I am such a frady cat that I'd be afraid to email a pic because someone could say it ended up in a 14 y/o's email and that could open a whole other can of worms.

AverageMom Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 6

Rather than put pictures on your main website, have a statement like "We also order adult-themed cakes" and a link to click through to the pictures. That way anyone who sees them has warning!

myslady Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 6

I agree with the other posters. You can put a statement on your website that advertises you do risque cakes and to contact you for further details or put the pictures up and block out the naughty parts.

If you are going to post pictures, it would probably be best to put them in their own gallery as some adults seem to get offended by those type of cakes as well.

sweetcakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 3:35am
post #5 of 6

I agree, have the pages locked so someone that is interested would need to email you first, then you send them the link to look at the pictures. You could also advertise at a local adult lingerie store, thats where most of my business for these kinds of cakes come from.

cylstrial Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 6

I think I would put the info on there about having adult cakes - but then add something about you have the pictures in a portfolio in your shop. That way they can see the pictures but you don't have to worry about kids seeing them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%