Kerry Vincent's Acanthus Leaf Mould

Decorating By nonie2007 Updated 14 Nov 2012 , 11:01pm by George Tavares

nonie2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonie2007 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:46am
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know where to purchase the acanthus leaf mould that Kerry Vincent uses in her Romantic Wedding Cakes Book.

11 replies
PDXSweetTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PDXSweetTreats Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 12

Hi! After searching, in vain, for quite some time, the owner of Elegant Lace Molds in Albany, OR (check out her site, too) told me that Chef Rubber has the rights to this mold. Go to the Chef Rubber website, click on "food grade silicone moulds," and then click on "heirloom mould line." The acanthus leaf mold is called "medium fancy leaf" at this site, and the SKU is 402061; cost is $18.00 plus shipping and handling. I just ordered one, which should arrive early next week, so I'm not sure exactly what it looks like. However, from the on-line photo, it appears to be the same one Kerry uses in her book. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

nonie2007 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 12

Thank you very much. I was about to give up on it. I even emailed Kerry Vincent but I didn't get a response. I trully appreciate it.

PDXSweetTreats Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:17am
post #4 of 12

You're welcome! I've tried checking on a few other items in her book, but it seems that a couple of the vendors are no longer in business. I've e-mailed The Old Bakery in the UK for the Kingston former (for the acanthus leaf), but haven't heard back -- so I plan to cut some paper towel roll inserts in half, or thirds, for the gentle downward slope, and then come up w/something to bring the leaf end back up. If you can figure out a way to form the leaf, let me know icon_smile.gif.

Take care -- and happy decorating!

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:20am
post #5 of 12

Try Pm ing CC member cr8zchpr.

She has a blue cake, on which she has used this mold. I think she got it in Oklahoma.

I believe www.sugarpaste.com also carried it a few years ago.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-596110-acanthus.html

I hope you find it. The leaves look gorgeous, especially if you curve them and dust with lustre dust.

Karen

P.S. I have this one too, but I am far away in India, and I bought it in Singapore ... so my info is of no use to you.

PDXSweetTreats Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 12

Hi -- I checked w/Beth Parvu at Sugarpaste.com before getting the information on Chef Rubber. Beth is not currently making this mold, although she said that they plan on carrying it again in the future -- in a higher grade silicone. So, at the moment, I still think your best bet is Chef Rubber. And, yes, Beth is an extremely nice lady -- she also offers a new line of dusts, too. icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 12

This is GEAT information and I just want to say thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

PDXSweetTreats Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 12

You're welcome!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #9 of 12

I have the mold, my Valentine cherub cake has them on it also my book cake. I am trying to remember where I bought it from, will get back to you.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:56pm
post #10 of 12

I have a bunch of those, but I bought them from a lady in Massachusetts about 6 years ago, probably. She said that she had bought the rights to them from a company that used to make them when they went out of business. I guess she sold the rights to Chef Rubber, because they're exactly the same ones. They're really nice-looking antique designs, definitely worth the price.

nonie2007 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:59am
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all the information. I actually purchased it through Chef Rubber along with some other unique pieces. I was actually on this site looking for the mould but I only looked under the leaf section. I guess I didn't think to look under anything else for it. Thanks again. It feels good to know that other people are as interested in this piece as I am. Happy decorating.

George Tavares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
George Tavares Posted 14 Nov 2012 , 11:01pm
post #12 of 12

Hi, just to know if you already receives tha acanthus leaf mould from cheff rubber, I asked for one and told me that is not in stock, do you know any other place that maybe have for sale ? I will apreciete your help

Regards

George

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%