Help...blue...is This Right???

Decorating By CelebrationCakery Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 2:43pm by Makeitmemorable

CelebrationCakery Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 12

It is suppose to be a cupcake...maybe that is what isn't right..the colors are are requested colors. The things on it are what she asked for...what the heck is wrong with this picture...what should I be fixing on this before delievery tomorrow....it just isn't right to me...PLEASE HELP...I know you all will look with a clear thought and mind on this...I have been looking at it all day...at times in the dark with the power out....
LL

11 replies
vlk Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 12:48am
post #2 of 12

Totally honest with this one...
I think there are TOO many things going on - either reduce the # of butterflies/Ladybugs or flowers.
Me personnally - I would take out some of the little flowers and maybe make some flowers that are larger. That way it looks simitrical (bad speller!) with the butterflies/ladybugs.

I get the concept - very nice, and GOOD JOB to you!

HTH - Vicki

JoJo0855 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:07am
post #3 of 12

Flowers etc too evenly spaced ... if client wants all those decorations, try grouping flowers in 3's, 5's or 7's (mini bouquets)!

scgriffiths Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 12

It's very pretty! Just to confuse you icon_biggrin.gif I think the top is perfect. Looks just like little sprinkles. I think the bottom needs a tiny bit more depth, and needs to be angled in slightly at the base.

subaru Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:18am
post #5 of 12

OK, for my honest opinion, I like the ones that the top of the cupcake has icing piped around the whole top. That will give the bottom a more anled look. That gives it a more cupcake look. Check out in the galleries under giant cupcake. I hope I explained it well enough. The bottom effect looks great and I love all of your little butterflies!

CelebrationCakery Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:11am
post #6 of 12

After looking at all of the posts and advice from my non cakin friends here is what it looks like now! Thank you all so much for your help...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Have a great great weekend!

CelebrationCakery Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:13am
post #7 of 12

Here it is...
LL

CelebrationCakery Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #8 of 12

I think I will tilt the ladybug on the bottom right though.....hahaha...I feel like I am obsessed now...

subaru Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:43am
post #9 of 12

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

letsgetcaking Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 3:01am
post #10 of 12

Very nice! Wow, that's amazing that those small changes made such a difference in the overall look. Good job!

vlk Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:52pm
post #11 of 12

Looks Wonderful !

Makeitmemorable Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:43pm
post #12 of 12

It looks MUCH better than the first one however I think that the bottom needs more depth, it's too top heavy - you probably can't do anything now and I am sure they will love it but perhaps next time give the bottom cup a little more depth.

Well done just the same

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%